#41 Skydime

Skydime

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
  • Full Name:Ken Black

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:51 PM

Did anyone stop to think how good of a thing this really might be in the long run?  After the entire forum went crazy over the Fox body coupe roofline debacle, maybe Ford thought they better throw their hat in to make sure Revell doesn't mess this one up too.  :blink:

Also, yeah, marketing or not, the side affect is giving the children the joy of something they made with their own hands and can be proud of.  I saw something on here a few months ago where people were commenting on not caring if the hobby died out after they are gone.  Opinions are opinions and this is America so, it is what it is.  But my opinion is that it is a wonderful opportunity when you can pass the hobby down to kids, grandkids, nieces, nephews, a neighbor kid, or whatever.  If you introduce a child to model cars, they will always remember that.  And it's a fond memory that I am glad my daughter will have when I am dead and gone.  If passing the hobby down through generations means fond memories, let's keep the ball rollin'.

Edited by Skydime, 21 January 2014 - 07:17 PM.

#42 jefropas

jefropas

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Full Name:Jeff Pasteris

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:00 PM

Its a great deal that'll keep new blood flowing into the hobby, hell, Revell and Round 2 might even consider producing a few more modern car kits...hope they have a similar Make n Take at Chicago's show in a few weeks, I've got 3 young sons who love Mustangs....just like their Dad...

Jeff

#43 carsntrucks4you

carsntrucks4you

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:29 AM

Got the information that  this kit is in 1/25 :) . And it is under investigationto sell it over http://merchandise.ford.com/

#44 Danno

Danno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,591 posts
  • Full Name:Nameless Natural Luminary

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:39 AM

It's obviously going to be a huge item in all circles.

#45 1930fordpickup

1930fordpickup

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts
  • Full Name:Andy Lemble

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:24 PM

A fellow coworker went yesterday . He said it was for kids of all ages as long as you are 11 and under. So I do not have one. GGRR LOL

#46 george 53

george 53

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,855 posts
  • Full Name:George53

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:01 PM

My buddy just got a notice on his E-Mail that he had won a model over the website contest. He said he'd just follow their directions and see what happens. Cool if it works out. Anybody else win? I KNOW he isn't the only guy here that won something.

#47 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,214 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:57 PM

My buddy just got a notice on his E-Mail that he had won a model over the website contest. He said he'd just follow their directions and see what happens. Cool if it works out. Anybody else win? I KNOW he isn't the only guy here that won something.

I have a 2013 Boss 302 kit coming to me when the kit is released, I opted out of getting the promo , well I was given that option

#48 carsntrucks4you

carsntrucks4you

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:09 PM

The first Revel Givaway 2015 Ford Mustang is on sale on evilbay currently $61.15!!!     :lol: For a kit that has a value of around $5 and it was a give away. People are crazy :lol:

#49 mademan

mademan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Mathers

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:40 PM

There have already been a few that have sold higher....

#50 kelson

kelson

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts
  • Full Name:curtis boxill

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:44 AM

I would like to get my hands on one,but they seem to be selling between $90-150 dollars!,so i'll pass.

#51 Luc Janssens

Luc Janssens

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:40 AM

A fellow coworker went yesterday . He said it was for kids of all ages as long as you are 11 and under. So I do not have one. GGRR LOL

So that pacifier and diaper didn't help

:D :P

#52 Bennyg

Bennyg

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Full Name:Ben Glasby

Posted 08 February 2014 - 01:55 AM

Hopefully the full detail kit looks good when it comes out. Hopefully they release it with an optional right hand drive dash or uk and Australian customers. That car is going to sell like hotcakes.

Ben

#53 1930fordpickup

1930fordpickup

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts
  • Full Name:Andy Lemble

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:32 PM

So that pacifier and diaper didn't help

:D :P

Now that is funny. LOL

#54 Austin T

Austin T

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,560 posts
  • Full Name:Austin Tyler

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:51 PM

Revell mentioned in comment to my post on thier facebook page that they will be selling the snap kit in late august/early September. Seems like a long time to make a box for the kit.

#55 blubaja

blubaja

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Full Name:Francis Xavier Tiewski 3rd

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:52 PM

From their facebook today:

Revell USA Please be patient, this 2015 Mustang SnapTite kit will be for commercial sale in July/August.

#56 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,036 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:13 PM

Revell mentioned in a comment to my post on their Facebook page that they will be selling the snap kit in late august/early September. Seems like a long time to make a box for the kit.

Maybe the retail kit will have more detail like other Revell Snap Tite kits...features like a detailed (but still one piece) chassis, mirrors, separate headlight lenses--less toy like.  From what I've seen, this snap kit is far below the detail level of a typical Revell snap tite kit.

Edited by Rob Hall, 10 February 2014 - 03:21 PM.

#57 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,214 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:19 PM

Maybe the retail kit will have more detail like other Revell Snap Tite kits...features like a detailed (but still one piece) chassis, mirrors, separate headlight lenses--less toy like.

Lets hope so

#58 Lownslow

Lownslow

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,804 posts
  • Full Name:Frank Rizzo

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:22 AM

Revell mentioned in comment to my post on thier facebook page that they will be selling the snap kit in late august/early September. Seems like a long time to make a box for the kit.

agreed, someone is already casting the thing so hell get a good head start selling before revell does.

#59 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,901 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:54 AM

Revell will add a detailed promo-style chassis, and a few other bits like side-view mirrors which were previously mentioned, so it's more than simply printing a box. They may also have some type of agreement with Ford which does not allow Revell to produce and market a model kit of the car until the major U.S. auto shows have finished for the season.

#60 Joe Handley

Joe Handley

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,813 posts
  • Full Name:Billy Joe

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:43 AM

They're giving these away at the Chicago Auto Show, but only to kids that are present.