#1 Ben

Ben

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,928 posts
  • Full Name:Ben Wicker

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:32 AM

Is Shucky the only guy making aftermarket turbos? Does anyone know if his turbos are two piece and can be clocked? They appear to be one piece in the pictures I've seen. Looking for turbos the size used on 1/25 truck engines that are two piece and can be clocked the way I want them to face.

THanks!

#2 george 53

george 53

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,855 posts
  • Full Name:George53

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:07 PM

Nope, they're two peice an can be clocked,IF you can get them. They ARE NICE!!!!

#3 kobuzz

kobuzz

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Full Name:Scott

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:37 PM

thepartsbox.com has them as well

#4 Greg Cullinan

Greg Cullinan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,306 posts
  • Full Name:GREG

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:29 AM

Shuckys products are awesome. I've had his turbos and they are sweet. I never knew partsbox had them and I just took a look.

#5 Ben

Ben

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,928 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:45 PM

Are the one's the Partsbox has, made by Shucky?

#6 Greg Cullinan

Greg Cullinan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,306 posts
  • Full Name:GREG

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:16 AM

Are the one's the Partsbox has, made by Shucky?

I don't believe so. It's been a couple years but I seem to remember multi piece turbos.

Here's 3 superchargers I just recieved from Shucky

28D24026-4635-46D9-B5D3-086DA5EEF4FC.jpg

#7 matthijsgrit

matthijsgrit

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Full Name:Matthijs Grit

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:53 AM

Nope, they're two peice an can be clocked,IF you can get them. They ARE NICE!!!!

What does it mean, if they can be clocked? Could you explain?

I'm looing to create a twin turbo with mirrored turbo's, hence the question...

Thanks!

#8 Greg Wann

Greg Wann

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Full Name:Greg Wann

Posted 20 January 2014 - 06:10 AM

Those are very impressive parts.  They have been formed on the same level and the flash between the parts is thin.

#9 Devilsnake98

Devilsnake98

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Full Name:Ryan cristofaro

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:16 PM

Clocking means that you can set the intake and exhaust housings in whatever position or angle you need. I havent got a chance to use these turbos yet, so im not sure if theyre offered in a mirror image style, they may be exact copies of one another.

#10 kobuzz

kobuzz

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Full Name:Scott

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:08 PM

These are from partsbox.com

Attached Files

• Attached File  t1.jpg   182.04KB   1 downloads

#11 shucky

shucky

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts
  • Full Name:Mike DeLuco

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:48 PM

Hi Ben, my turbos are two piece, the new ones will be 3 piece. They are not available at this time though. I was working on a redesign last year and got sidetracked doing things on the house. I did start working on the largest version though a few weeks ago. Once it is done I will post a message in this forum. I plan on a re-do of the smaller turbo as well in the not so distant future. The units sold by thepartsbox are not mine.

#12 om617

om617

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts
  • Full Name:Tommy Olsen

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:38 AM

I have recived both the turbos and superchargers ,and these parts are excellent in every way.

#13 Quick GMC

Quick GMC

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • Full Name:Cameron DeMille

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:40 AM

Hobby design makes some nice looking turbos too. I haven't bought any, but you can see the impeller and everything in the pictures. They look like 2 piece.

what else does Shucky make? is there a catalog or webstore?

Edited by Quick GMC, 21 January 2014 - 09:41 AM.

#14 FAST442

FAST442

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Full Name:TODD KIRK

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:49 PM

I'll tell you , anything Shucky(Mike) makes is top notch and you will be satisfied!

#15 Kaleb

Kaleb

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • Full Name:Joshua

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:27 PM

I agree, I have some turbos and they are the best I've seen.

#16 shucky

shucky

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 05:21 AM

Thanks guys for all the kind words. For those that have asked, I was indeed taking orders and working on a website a couple years ago. I was mainly using Fotki for a price list and product pictures. However, as some of you know ... resin is very time consuming and demanding. I did what I could until I just simply burned out. It kept me from my own projects and I hated having piles of pending orders that I didn't have product to fulfill, even though I never made someone wait more than 4-6 weeks. As I eased back into doing some resin, I decided the only way to do this was to only sell product that I had on hand (made and ready to ship) and greatly limit any "order" taking for resin that was not made yet. 

In doing this, I'm able to still work on my own projects, which was the main reason anyways for learning how to resin cast, keep the wife happy, still do my part around the house, ship parts within 1-3 days, not get stressed out, and still offer a small and hopefully unique line of products. 

So, until I come up with a better way .. ebay has been working very nicely for me. When I have products finished I simiply list them on ebay. When I'm out of product, I'm out until I decide to do another run of resin. I know some folks dislike ebay, so what I have been doing is if I have products available I'll take the order via email or PM and handle outside of ebay. Generally I limit or will not take orders if something is not in stock.

Lastly, doing resin on a small scale basis is not really a money making venture. For me, I just enjoy doing it (most times lol) and I enjoy being able to provide some parts to fellow model builders when I can. As some of you also know, at times I'll mail parts out free of charge. I do this simply because model building and modelers in general have provided me with nearly a lifetime of good times and good fun and I guess it is my way of giving back to something that has given me so much. 

Thanks for reading and thanks to those who have supported me and who may have purchased some parts from me in the past. Its truly appreciated. ~Mike 

#17 freakshow12

freakshow12

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,659 posts
  • Full Name:fred mckee

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:12 PM

I love the superchargers. They are top notch and with a bit of research and building an accurate bracket they really pop.

#18 blackandwhite

blackandwhite

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Full Name:Rob Wright

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:30 AM

any word on turbos? my biggest problem is wanting to boost a kit and not being able to move forward with it since they are never available or just look like garbage

#19 shucky

shucky

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:04 AM

Hi Rob, I understand your dilema and feel your pain. The main reason I began making my own turbos from metal and styrene was that I wasn't satisfied with what was available. 

I'd like to give you a timeframe but at the moment I just cannot. I will do my best to get the large drag version finished up in the next few weeks. My personal life has taken a hit in the past few weeks as I recently found out the company I have worked at for the past 20 years is closing. So, given the circumstances I'm doing what I can when I can. Thanks for your understanding guys. 

#20 Ben

Ben

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,928 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:48 AM

Hi Mike, thank you for your reply! I've been in the resin casting business since 1994 so I feel your pain! I too got burned out!  now just make masters and have a friend do all the casting. (we only make parts for semi trucks) There's always a wait for the good stuff, that's to be expected. I'll be placing an order with you soon.