Want to talk about stalled projects!?!?!

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 FASTBACK340

FASTBACK340

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,611 posts
  • Full Name:John V. Agugliaro

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:22 AM

While rummaging around looking for one thing, I found another…….

This was (supposed to be….) my 2K `tona, to have been ready for the 2000 show season. As you can see, I did a "bit" of work and walked away from it. In retrospect, it's a cool idea but a so-so execution. The rear-end proportions are too long, and the cabin is too narrow. I might just make a bizarro Bonneville car out of it. There's some neat pieces I might scavenge if I scuttle this project all together.

I started with a Revell Pro-Modeler Daytona kit and wedge-sectioned it down the middle into a 2 seat, open wheel, rear engined, 12 cylinder overhead cam Hemi roadster. I'll admit this was never intended to be a "Quick Build". 

Attached File  Image.jpg   91.37KB   0 downloads

I used two engines from the Pro Street Coronet kit sectioned into a 12 cylinder. I never decided on an in-line 3 X 4Bbl. or a more aggressive 4 X 4 Bbl. cross-ram. This would look good in, say….a `62 Lancer.

Attached File  Image 1.jpg   122.14KB   0 downloads

Back when I had more free time, I used to try and build working features. This is an in-scale operating rack & pinion. The tie-rod rack is a piece of solid aluminum rod with teeth cut into it from the Dremel bit placed next to it.

Attached File  Image 2.jpg   86KB   0 downloads

When assembled, it worked exactly like the real thing. I was going to epoxy wire to be used as the tie-rods into the ends so it would flex with the operating in-board shocks I had planned, like so many other things….

Attached File  Image 3.jpg   80.57KB   0 downloads

I don't even want to add up all the photo-etch, billet, and RB Motion bags I had stashed with it. And nuts & bolts and a bundle of brass. How can I have this stuff and not remember half of it?!? Let me see how I feel about it in a day or three about finishing it……   :unsure: 

Edited by FASTBACK340, 19 January 2014 - 07:46 AM.

#2 MeatMan

MeatMan

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Full Name:Dennis

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:46 AM

Rad!! I say go for it, but back off some of the detail like working rack & pinion or you'll never finish.  Think about using FI for the intake, kind of like the Viper.

Attached Files

#3 FASTBACK340

FASTBACK340

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,611 posts
  • Full Name:John V. Agugliaro

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:46 AM

I had that going in my head too, but I wanted a 21st. century, old school, muscle car. But updated…..  :blink:

#4 DrKerry

DrKerry

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,166 posts
  • Full Name:Kerry Ingram

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:07 PM

That is a Kool piece, ya gotta finish it!!! I'd like to see ya finish it I know that!