#41 RAT-T

RAT-T

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  • Full Name:Tom King

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:39 AM

COOL STUFF BERNARD, CHUCK IS A GREAT GUY, I BOUGHT ONE OF THE BURKHOLDER BROS OUTCAST T BODIES FROM HIM, I JUST HAVEN'T HAD TIME TO BUILD IT YET

#42 AK_Invader

AK_Invader

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:53 AM

Bought one of his Slingster Resin Truck bed T Comp Dragster bodies from eBay - great quality, almost no cleanup needed.

Edited by AK_Invader, 29 April 2014 - 07:53 AM.

#43 Bernard Kron

Bernard Kron

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,783 posts
  • Full Name:Bernard Kron

Posted 02 May 2014 - 11:35 AM

My order arrived today. It took less than a week. Very nicely done as always. Thin, white, styrene like, flash free. I've got some other projects before I get to this stuff, but the louvered '27 T will soon become a Speed Sport 1 style drag machine.

#44 Elliot949

Elliot949

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Full Name:Dan Johnston

Posted 03 May 2014 - 11:55 AM

I just ordered his Top Fuel Boat... now all I need is somebody to build the Engine... LOL

#45 Skip

Skip

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Full Name:Skip Ragsdale

Posted 03 May 2014 - 11:52 PM

Hey Bernard, Thanks for the info on Alterd States / Chuck Mier's eBay I.D. is oldmandowntheroad Just the other day I was. Looking at the Surfer's Dragster Body, being that it is a resin piece I was a tad bit leery of buying from an unknown source. Chuck really doesn't let his potential eBay buyers know that he is the guy who is casting the products. I thought that he was just someone unloading a bunch of unknown resin stuff so I didn't pull the trigger and buy it. Guess I'll have to go back and look again.

#46 Bernard Kron

Bernard Kron

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,783 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 03:20 AM

Skip, I just received my order from Chuck on Thursday. It included the Surfers body. It's clean and nice as always. I haven't had time to figure out which kit chassis it fits best, though. The Surfers car was a "leg under" car so I'm hoping it fits the Ramchargers chassis OK.

I agree that Chuck hasn't done enough to promote himself. On eBay established modelers would benefit from knowing that those are Altered States products. And since he's expanding into parts for hot rods he should include that on his website. But Chuck's aware of all this I'm hoping he gets around to a website update and perhaps brand his eBay stuff "Altered States Models".

Please note that Chuck's eBay handle is "olmandowntheroad", no "d". If you enter it with the "d" it won't work.

#47 Bernard Kron

Bernard Kron

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,783 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:31 AM

Skip, I just received my order from Chuck on Thursday. It included the Surfers body. It's clean and nice as always. I haven't had time to figure out which kit chassis it fits best, though. The Surfers car was a "leg under" car so I'm hoping it fits the Ramchargers chassis OK....

I test fit the shell to the Ramchargers rail chassis and it fits like a glove. This is the same chassis found in the MPC American Graffitti rail kit as well. For you replica builders you'll have to back date the motor to a 392 type, convert the steering from the kit center pivot to the classic external type, and change over to hairpin wishbones. But the wheelbase and leg-under set up are pretty much there.

This is the classic FED era in its purest form. There was never a tougher lookin' rail:

surfers.jpg

#48 Skip

Skip

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Full Name:Skip Ragsdale

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:00 AM

Just got an order from Altered States Models yesterday before I left for work. I rushed home this morning so I could open the box and see just how good their stuff really is, I'm in awe. Everything I ordered is perfect almost styrene perfect, no flash, mold lines are nonexistent. Chuck's quality is amazing, even more amazing is the way that I was treated by Chuck he kept me informed the whole way through the process. Even told me that he thought one of his molds was worn a bit so he made another one, the part looks like it is straight out of a brand new kit, let alone a piece of resin. Dealing with Chuck is customer service the way it should be, he just earned a spot on my preferred vendor list!

#49 my80malibu

my80malibu

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts
  • Full Name:GABRIEL SOTO

Posted 07 June 2014 - 02:43 PM

Great parts and bodys

#50 Dan Helferich

Dan Helferich

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 02:58 AM

I just pinched the rails on a Ron Cash Deuce chassis for Chuck's '27 T roadster with the louvered trunk. I have several of his bodies and plan on buying more. I agree that he should mention Altered States on his E bay profile. 

Edited by Dan Helferich, 08 June 2014 - 02:58 AM.

#51 Ramcharger

Ramcharger

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • Full Name:Ron

Posted 24 December 2014 - 02:02 AM

Here's a letter I received about my recent order from Altered States:

Ron,

I wanted to touch base with you about your order.

The wheels you ordered are enclosed, but the cammer motor will be a bit late.

Several of the molds for the injected cammer need to be replaced. I will have new molds by the end of this week, and will do everything I can to get the motor to you by Christmas.

Chuck Mier

I just wanted to share this with everyone, this is a great example of how to run a cottage business.  One of my pet peeves when ordering from these resin casters, decal makers, and other aftermarket places is when they are running behind or have other issues and they never send you any communication about your order.  I find it ridiculous to have to wait for months or even years to receive an order from some of these places, either you are running a business or you are not, most are not.  Chuck at Altered States is the guy that is really running his business well and I encourage everyone to order from him.  In our hobby we are very quick to complain about things and a little slow to give out praise, but when you encounter a guy who understands that he needs to communicate with his customers I thought it would be best to speak up.  Thank you Chuck, the wheels you sent are of exceptional quality (as usual for you) and I look forward to building and detailing the "Cammer" motor when it arrives. To all of you out there in the aftermarket, this is an example of how to run a business.  

Edited by Ramcharger, 24 December 2014 - 12:07 PM.

#52 southpier

southpier

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,146 posts
  • Full Name:joe smythe

Posted 24 December 2014 - 02:52 AM

true. the most important thing I learned in two years of tech school is the "C" word = Communication

#53 Ramcharger

Ramcharger

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 12:06 PM

I just received the above letter on Monday and I was doubting whether or not Chuck would make good on his promise of before Christmas.  I walk out to the mailbox today and lo and behold, there it is!  The quality and detail is exceptional, I can't wait to build it,

#54 FASTBACK340

FASTBACK340

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,732 posts
  • Full Name:John V. Agugliaro

Posted 24 December 2014 - 12:21 PM

Thanks Ron. It's refreshing to see someone give a well earned " atta boy " to someone who "get's it".

Altered States you say?  ;)

#55 Ramcharger

Ramcharger

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:53 PM

Yep, here's a link - Altered States

#56 Daddyfink

Daddyfink

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts
  • Full Name:Jesse Chavez

Posted 24 December 2014 - 02:43 PM

Chuck is one of the few good guys in the resin game. 

#57 Mike Chernecki

Mike Chernecki

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Chernecki

Posted 24 December 2014 - 02:58 PM

I placed a few orders from Chuck over the last few months. Service is awesome!

#58 Snake45

Snake45

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,773 posts
  • Full Name:Richard "Call Me Snake" Mesner

Posted 24 December 2014 - 08:01 PM

Good to know. I'll make a mental note to put AS in my "goodguys" file.