Model Cars Magazine Forum

Started polishing *PIC*

ismaelg

Hello,

I have what some may call a polishing ritual. Whenever I start polishing a model, I do the hood first, all the way to the finish. Then I start with the rest of the body.

Here is the polished Z06 hood. No waxing yet, just polish. Now I need to focus on the body.

DSCF2712.JPG

Too bad I'm going out of town tomorrow for at least a week.

I was thinking about a dehydrator. Then I realize it took me 3 weeks to finally get a chance to polish the body. So I'll spend that money on wheels :D

I hope to get back soon!

Thanks,

Ooooooooh, shiny! Yeloow looks a little deeper now.

Hurry back home!

I'm still debating on whether to polish my GTO or not. It came out so well and "looks scale" shiny to me.

I'll hold off until I see the rest of your vette. I should just do it anyway.

Chris

Chris,

One of the advantages of using lacquers like Cobra Colors is that they are harder than hobby paints, and can withstand the rigors of polishing better. That doesn't mean you don't have to be careful with edges etc. But it is more forgiving. Another advantage is that if you do run into a problem it can be touched up and blended.

My suggestion is to go slowly, and since you already have a good foundation, start with higher pads like 6000 or so and see how it goes. If you are using liquid polishes, start with the finer ones and see how it goes.

I hope to be back by the 24th and continue with the body polish.

BTW, did you get my reply to ther PM?

Thanks,