#21 plugger

plugger

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Full Name:Paul Heber

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:39 PM

Just a comment about the mag , love it but hate waiting for it , " scheduled " issues never arrive timely , sometimes months after alledged publish date , I want to subscribe but don't appreciate the wait , I'll continue to buy it over the counter & see if arrival improves before making investment , thank you !

#22 Danno

Danno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,713 posts
  • Full Name:Nameless Natural Luminary

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:46 AM

Just a comment about the mag , love it but hate waiting for it , " scheduled " issues never arrive timely , sometimes months after alledged publish date , I want to subscribe but don't appreciate the wait , I'll continue to buy it over the counter & see if arrival improves before making investment , thank you !

The July issue was on newsstands last week and in subscriber's hands before that. 

You have to wait longer to see it 'over the counter' and your investment is greater when buying it later over the counter.

You're welcome.  ^_^

#23 plugger

plugger

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 12:18 PM

Um , says the distribution dept - just got to hobby town , illinois , I guess came by pony xpress

#24 tabsscale1

tabsscale1

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Full Name:Todd Buckles

Posted 08 July 2014 - 12:35 PM

had mine two or three weeks ago They been getting them out pretty good this year!

#25 The Creative Explorer

The Creative Explorer

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • Full Name:Erik

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:41 AM

As a side note, we may have a vendor now for the digital version of the mag, and that may be finalized this month.

Zinio by any chance? If not, it might be worth considering. I've been wanting to have a subscription to MCM for years now, but the high shipping and risk of damaging keeping me away from it.

But I do use Zinio with ease and made it possible for me to subscribe to more USA titles, like HotRod Magazine, Scale Auto, Rod&Customs, Motortrend, AutoWeek, Car And Driver, I find it a awesome platform, since I can read it on the computer, laptop, but most importantly: also on my tablet.

Just my 2c.

#26 plugger

plugger

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:46 AM

Danno , sorry if I sounded off , but I truely look forward to every issue , great articles / info & reviews , I wait with insasable ( don't know if spelled correct ) anticipation , " I want it " ASAP , I will take a leap of faith & subscribe , please MCM don't disappointe

#27 Danno

Danno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,713 posts
  • Full Name:Nameless Natural Luminary

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:04 AM

Danno , sorry if I sounded off , but I truely look forward to every issue , great articles / info & reviews , I wait with insasable ( don't know if spelled correct ) anticipation , " I want it " ASAP , I will take a leap of faith & subscribe , please MCM don't disappointe

They've really been working at getting the mag out in a timely manner.  Part of the problem is perception.  That other mag pre-dates its issues so much that other mags look late in comparison.  The bottom line is:  9 issues per year = 9 issues per year, regardless of what date they show up.  At least in my book.  I'm an insatiable reader, too.  I get both regularly and the one is always "dated" two months in advance while MCM is always "dated" more realistically. 

I hope they don't disappoint you, too.  It's a great magazine.  I got way tired of chasing all over to find it in stores, so I subscribed years ago.  Not sorry I did.  B)

#28 Steven Zimmerman

Steven Zimmerman

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • Full Name:Steven

Posted 12 July 2014 - 04:26 AM

Just cut my magazine subscriptions  from 10 down to two. Model Cars and Street Rodder made the cut, Scale Auto and  7 other automotive mags did not. 'Nuff said.....'Z'

#29 midnightprowler

midnightprowler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,821 posts
  • Full Name:Lee

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:06 PM

Well, I had to make a choice. Could not renew both MCM and SA. Because of lateness and continuously damaged issues MCM. Did not this year.