Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 68 Pontiac Firebird

DreamChaser

Don't use a cardboard box to cover fresh paint. The cardboard has loose dust and paper trapped on the face of it. Use a plastic rubbermaid container but only after wiping it down with a tack cloth.

I second this suggestion, and caution against using plastic grocery bags because plastic bags tend to generate static electric charge which will attract dust particles which may then end up in your paint.

in the tips thread/section on this forum you will find that some people use food dehydrators which have built in filters and the paint dries much faster.

I would not be too concerned about little pieces of dust. You will get rid of them during the wetsanding process. I swear most of the dust that gets in paint seems to be dust that just happens to be floating down between the paintcan and the part. I use a old shoe box. Cover it immediatly after. I find it helps when its a little too humid.

Okay, thanks for the tips, I love this forum for the depth of knowledge, and willingness to share that information.

I went out and bought a rubber maid container, and it is working wonders. What has helped even more was COMPLETLEY stripping my airbrush and cleaning it.

I noticed that it was shooting glumpy, congealed paint onto my model.

So, now that things are clean and it's working like the day I bought it.

I will have pictures later tonight, of the body after paint.