Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pocher 1907 FIAT 1/8th

Pocherphile

You can spray the kit tires white with automotive interior vinyl fabric dye. A lot cheaper than buying a set of white tires from MM.

I believe I saw some where else where you mentioned this type paint.........just where might one find this stuff, I would like to give it a try. Thanks for the tip and I agree, I need to keep the parts spending down so I can buy more kits............ ;)

Rick B)

I believe I saw some where else where you mentioned this type paint.........just where might one find this stuff, I would like to give it a try. Thanks for the tip and I agree, I need to keep the parts spending down so I can buy more kits............ ;)

Rick B)

Any auto parts store. I bought a can of DupliColor white vinyl dye and sprayed a set of black Model T tires white.

shw-hvp106_zpsd2ff6d4c.jpg

T8_zpsfce473d1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

A little too much Valpolicella for Vincenzo?? :rolleyes::lol:

Fantastic second picture with exhaust blast from 1 & 4!

Rick, push everything on the bench onto the floor and get started!!!!!

Yea, that fire belching out of 1 & 4 gets me too. Agree, he looks like he is a happy boy, but I love the photo of him. Research turns up he was a well like race driver and a force to be reckoned with behind the wheel of that big FIAT. I also like how the exhaust pipes are just straight tubes out the side of the engine, funny thing is Pocher includes these holes in the hood.....makes one think they had a idea to model one of these types as well. Yes, building table is cleared, Model Motorcars has received a order as well as a order off to FRG for a etched radiator cover. So, keep watching for the next up-date........just for you Cato. Well Frank is included too.

Rick

Edited by Pocherphile

Rick

Yes, building table is cleared, Model Motorcars has received a order as well as a order off to FRG for a etched radiator cover. So, keep watching for the next up-date........just for you Cato. Well Frank is included too.

Yahoooooo! The forum gets 2 Pochers at the same time!

Now if Harry would only see the light.......... :unsure:

PS-Rick, who is 'FRG'??

Does your friend make Sedanca parts???

You are Mein Friend..............Mein is my. :lol:

Go to eBay, pull up Pocher and look for Photo Etch parts from Tremonia.........most of his stuff is one of and really nice SS PE. The only set I have seen f/a Rolls was a accessary set w/keys and odds and ends, but I do not think he has anything f/a Rolls listed right now.

Rick B)

Edited by Pocherphile

Ok... four pages of "intro."

Enough yapping. Let's start seeing some photos! :P

I will if you will of the Rolls...........down here in the South we call that a bluff....... :lol:

But just for you Harry, I promise I will shoot some tomorrow and since I am learning as you can see how to post from Photo bucket, put some new photos up of the FIAT build.

Rick

I will if you will of the Rolls...........down here in the South we call that a bluff....... :lol:

But just for you Harry, I promise I will shoot some tomorrow and since I am learning as you can see how to post from Photo bucket, put some new photos up of the FIAT build.

Rick

I admit I have put the Rolls on the back burner for too long. I just really got into the 1/16 scale models lately and bought a bunch of them. Really having fun throwing them together, no hassles like with a Pocher.

When I do get back to my Pochers, I'll probably start turning the "Star of India" RR into a shooting brake... a project I have been planning and researching literally for years now. This is what I have in mind. Real wood, of course...

Untitled-1_zps059e5df7.jpg

Opening doors for sure. But no tufted interior on a woodie... way too fancy. I'm picturing a sporting country gentleman's hunting car... simple smooth leather upholstery, rubber floor that can be easily hosed down. The photo I posted is just an example... I have tons more to work from.

I'm thinking something more along these lines...

GEX77Int4_zpsa10f55fe.jpg

I know you have the right Pocher kit for this, but the Gunze/ Anmark / Revell 1/16 1937 Rolls Phantom III saloon would also make an excellent shooting brake candidate for those who don't want to get into Pocher.

Picture33_zpsfa83b33c.png

Edited by sjordan2

Harry,I have to admit, you called my bluff with that most audacious idea for the Star of India RR mod. This kit has been redone by many who achieved some remarkable project builds f/this mark, but with the added wood and the classic colors that all blends well to create a working Rolls, well my hat off to you sir for even thinking on a build of this magnitude. I also understand the research and time it takes to bring a project together. So after this peek into the mind of what is to me, a master craftsman..........I refrain from goading you anymore on your Pocher build. When ready, you will start again. Good things comes to those who wait! ^_^

Rick B)

PS: I have built this kit as the Star of India.......the coach work alone was the reason I said I would not approach this kit again. This is what I believe too be the most complex coach of all the Pocher kits to get right.

Skip I do agree, the said kit you posted would make a perfect starting point for the mod that Harry is looking to do, I also agree w/Harry........for a project of this awesome vehicle, Pocher only would do. But do know sir, I would love to have said kit from your idea for a OOB........... :huh:

Rick B)