Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pro Mod "Motown Missile" FINISHED! 4/6/14

am73grand

This is really awsome Ron, you've done this before? lol Maybe even on a 1:1? Looks very real.

Gene, I've never done a completely detailed pro mod before. I'm going off the fantastic build up pics in Tyrone's photobucket albums. Thanks for the compliment though!!!

Thanks for the compliments guys! Clay, I try very hard to keep everything neat and orderly when I build. A messy bench/shop just makes things more difficult. I am constantly tidying up my bench.

The mat is dirty in this pic but you can see that the only thing on the green are parts for the 'Cuda:

mm47-vi.jpg

I use these little clear drawers to keep small parts from disappearing.

mm48-vi.jpg

Bigger sub assemblies are kept in trays. You can see the chassis and decals rear tires and some detail parts in this shot. They tray is big enough to hold the entire project should I decide to put it away for a while.

mm46-vi.jpg

Spent a couple hours on this today. All the wiring is in except for the rear kill switch. You can see the completed rear end/wheelie bars in the first pic. They are permanently installed in the chassis now. I just finished painting the injector hat. Plumbing the fuel system will be the next project.......one I'm not really looking forward to. This motor would demand a lot of fuel so I've got some serious work ahead of me. As always thanks for looking!

mm49-vi.jpg

mm50-vi.jpg

Got some more done on this one. We're entering the home stretch!

Fuel tank would not fit up front so I had to put it in the trunk. It had to be surrounded by the cage so I had to move the fire bottles. Still need to add the lines from the fire bottles and the fuel tank straps.

mm53-vi.jpg

mm52-vi.jpg

I got the injector lines installed, Started on the blower straps and added the fuel pumps. The barrel valve has also been fabbed and installed. The nuts on the injector hat are a little on the large side but I think they look cool.

mm54-vi.jpg

mm51-vi.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Man I love this build it looks great, like I said before this is how I wanted my Cuda build to go just didn't have the skills and parts to do it but after watching your build I am learning a lot and may just have to attempt this type of build soon.

Well we are officially stopped. The decals came apart as I started laying them down. I am going to have to order a new set. I am not 100% happy with the paint either so I think I will strip it and start over. I thought I would give you guys a sneak preview of what it will look like...

mm56-vi.jpg

mm58-vi.jpg

This thing is going to look pretty cool when it's finished.....

mm55-vi.jpg

Well I'm off to place an order with Slixx and chuck the body in the tank......Thanks for looking.......

Thanks guys. I am planning to re-paint it today. Hopefully decal it by the end of the week and then clear it.

Then all that's left are the 'chutes, some bare metal foil, head and tail lights and some minor wiring.

I debated cutting the drivers door open but I'd have to hinge it and I've already messed up two bodies trying to open the doors.....

Maybe on the next build....