221 replies to this topic

#21 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,354 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:56 PM

Is it me, or does the tires have thread on them?

Sew what if they do.  :P  :D  It looks like the front tires are the same as those found in the previous LX kit, but it's hard to make out the tread area on the rear tires. I can't see if they are drag radials with minimal tread grooves or totally smooth slicks, but I think Brad mentioned long ago they are supposed to be 10.5 drag radials.

#22 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,433 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:04 PM

Sew what if they do.  :P  :D  It looks like the front tires are the same as those found in the previous LX kit, but it's hard to make out the tread area on the rear tires. I can't see if they are drag radials with minimal tread grooves or totally smooth slicks, but I think Brad mentioned long ago they are supposed to be 10.5 drag radials.

It really doenst matter to me, I dont know very much about drag racing, I did not know there were treaded drag tires

#23 blubaja

blubaja

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Full Name:Francis Xavier Tiewski 3rd

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:21 PM

It really doenst matter to me, I dont know very much about drag racing, I did not know there were treaded drag tires

Usually completely slick tires aren't DOT road legal. In most states(?) So there are some mostly slick, rears with bare minimum tread. 

#24 Chuck Kourouklis

Chuck Kourouklis

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:19 PM

Put another way, there won't be any fire to "stoke" if Revell doesn't set it in the first place.  It's the misplaced angst and personal attacks arising from kit criticism that will always be the larger, more indefensible issue, no matter how anybody would try to redirect the focus.

All that aside, Casey appears on-point about the front tires, and the body shell appears just as you'd expect - the same - though warpaint seems to flatter it more.  

Of course, we have no idea right now whether or not those carry-over tires are the ONLY fronts Revell's gonna include...

#25 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,225 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:24 PM

I wonder if this will be a one-version only kit or if the stock parts from the 1st issue will be present also.  The treaded slicks would make sense for a street/strip style build rather than a trailered drag car, I think.

Edited by Rob Hall, 11 February 2014 - 05:29 PM.

#26 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,433 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:33 PM

Usually completely slick tires aren't DOT road legal. In most states(?) So there are some mostly slick, rears with bare minimum tread. 

Thank you Frank, I was thinking of drag strip tires

#27 timc

timc

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Full Name:Tim Cassady

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:18 PM

Remember the Pro-Modeler 69 charger? It had a mis-shaped roof line and a few other discrepancies.They fixed it and sent out replacement kits.I still have one of each.

Just sayin' it could happen.I'll get two of them just because I used to race one myself.

As far as induction goes I see a high rise intake with a big dominator in the future.

This is just my two cents and in no means meant to start a riot. ;) bigtim

#28 mikemopar70

mikemopar70

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • Full Name:Michel Paquette

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:10 AM

Is it me or the new Revell Drag Mustang has a new body, the top seem top be correct at first sight on the picture!

I saw it here.: http://downloads.hob...ew-releases.pdf

If so, i will buy a few of these!!

#29 DaveM

DaveM

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Full Name:Dave Manley

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:39 AM

If they fix the roof, I'm buying a bunch.  If they don't, I'm out.  I bracket raced Fox body Mustangs in a few different classes.  I drove Fox body Mustangs to work for the best part of a decade and a half,  I made out with the love of my life in a Fox Body Mustang.  My God Daughter was born in the front seat of a Fox body Mustang.  I want to all of my reunions in them  (Except for the time I had a Capri)  Both of my college era steady girlfriends had Mustangs... While the car is not as iconic as a '57 Chevy, or the first generation Mustangs, it was the functional car for a whole generation of car nuts.  I wouldn't mind a few on my shelf, but they gotta look a bit like the real thing.  

#30 mnwildpunk

mnwildpunk

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts
  • Full Name:Dave isle

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:26 AM

As someone mentioned it is a 11.30 etc car so I am guessing DOT slicks in rear and normal street tires. Here at BIR you don't really start to see full on slicks and skinnys til mid-low 10's not always but mostly

#31 am73grand

am73grand

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts
  • Full Name:Ron Lambert

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:54 AM

Revell was set up at the MASSCar show yesterday. They had the new pieces on display for this Kit. I tried to take a picture but it didn't come out.

There were 3 new trees of parts shown. One had new front and rear suspensions, Another had a GT40 style intake, wheels and headers, the last had the new cowl hood, roll bar, two racing seats and a wing. 

Wish my picture would have come out......

#32 ford514

ford514

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Full Name:kevin ford

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:00 PM

i came across this. looks like theres the cawl hood, 6 point roll cage, rear drag spoiler, drag raging seats, different rims, there was also something about dot drag slicks, gt40 intake, short tube headers, straight pipes, seat belts?, diff cover, then with the stock k-member theres an aftermarket style k-member, then the stock rear axle or maybe its been narrowed?. there was word of it being a 2 in 1, so you can decide to build it stock or drag version. but ether way ill be buying a couple even if the roof issue isnt fixed.

Attached File  post-11981-0-85079000-1395076721.jpg   25.17KB   2 downloads

#33 mikemopar70

mikemopar70

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • Full Name:Michel Paquette

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:52 AM

I've been told by Mr. Ed Sexton himself that this reissue is correct in all areas, no further modifications will be necessary:

I've asked him about the roof!! 

Here's the answer:

""

Hi,

The body is accurate and does not require any changes.

Regards,
Ed Sexton
Revell Inc.
1850 Howard St. 
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007

#34 slusher

slusher

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,532 posts
  • Full Name:carl slusher

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:05 AM

I want one and it will make a good model, looking forward to it....

#35 JTalmage

JTalmage

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts
  • Full Name:Jesse Talmage

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:20 AM

The 2n1 and the drag version is based on my friend Mike Bell's NMRA Real Street coupe that he drag races. Revell came to his shop in Dayton, Ohio to measure the heck out of his car. He received the very first 2n1 version of the street car version w/ the police stuff. 

mike-bell-Custom_zps135d180b.jpg

m5lp_0903_21_z2008_bowling_green_NMRA_ra

Edited by JTalmage, 18 March 2014 - 09:20 AM.

#36 blubaja

blubaja

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Full Name:Francis Xavier Tiewski 3rd

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:34 AM

I've been told by Mr. Ed Sexton himself that this reissue is correct in all areas, no further modifications will be necessary:

I've asked him about the roof!! 

Here's the answer:

""

Hi,

The body is accurate and does not require any changes.

Regards,
Ed Sexton
Revell Inc.
1850 Howard St. 
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007

Accurate in real life? Or revell world? Did anyone take pics of the body?

#37 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,354 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:44 AM

5x42v4x.gif

Let's not even resuscitate that argument again. We've been there and done that in the original LX notchback topic, and it didn't end well, at all.

Thanks for those pics, Jesse.

#38 mnwildpunk

mnwildpunk

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts
  • Full Name:Dave isle

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:18 AM

Thanks casey I spit soda all over my phone

#39 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,225 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:15 PM

So it sounds like they haven't bothered to correct the body.   Anyway, the new drag parts should be interesting.

Edited by Rob Hall, 18 March 2014 - 01:29 PM.

#40 niteowl7710

niteowl7710

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,707 posts
  • Full Name:Doing the grunt work so the U.S. Postal Service can deliver your mail.

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:42 PM

Let's not even resuscitate that argument again. We've been there and done that in the original LX notchback topic, and it didn't end well, at all.

You can put all the cute animated gifs you want up, and that still doesn't answer the question as to whether they fixed the problems, or they live in some alternate universe where the problems don't exist.

One garners a great deal of respect from myself and a lot of the other "haters", the other just proves how far Ed has his head stuck up...the sand pile.