#1 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,510 posts
  • Full Name:A mere layman...

Posted 12 December 2007 - 05:41 AM

I was looking through some old art of mine and came across these...done in 1985 with Razorpoint marker, Prismacolor markers and colored pencils. It's been so long since I've actually drawn on paper (instead of "drawing" with a mouse on a screen) that I wonder if I still could do it! :lol:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by harrypri, 12 December 2007 - 05:42 AM.

#2 Lyle Willits

Lyle Willits

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  • Full Name:Lyle Willits

Posted 13 December 2007 - 04:33 AM

Beautiful work. You are certainly a talented artist.

#3 mikelo

mikelo

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Lomaka

Posted 13 December 2007 - 09:13 AM

I bet you could still do it. Great pieces. I don't know why I never noticed your initials are "HP". :D

#4 dub

dub

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 11:04 AM

Nice work, Harry! I'll bet you're surprised that I like the GTI, huh? :D I wish I could do even close to that, but I seem to do a lot better with 3D art. I really like how you drew the wheels about 2 sizes too big! B) Now if I could only find a 1:1 set of 16" bottlecaps! :D

#5 gbritnell

gbritnell

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 08:58 AM

Nice renderings Harry. They have the feel of brochure illustrations, sketchy but detailed. I'm sure you could still put some nice work on paper. I had been away from it for years and the only thing I got fuzzy on was the process not the mechanics. By that I mean, if I was doing an airbrush piece I would forget about what was the easiest way to pull and replace masks etc. or in watercolor what would happen with certain colors washed over others, if you get my meaning. You never forget perspective, ellipses or general proportioning.
gbritnell