Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hello all

dave2aptc

Have been away from the hobby for about 20 years and have recently been collecting supplies and kits to start again. Slapped together various kits as a kid and more seriously when i joined the Navy (still as a kid at 17, hah!) My interests have gone back and forth from cars/trucks to military aircraft. But one project i've had on my mind for a long time was recreating a '79 Ford one ton with a flat/utility bed my dad had used in his business (which i drove quite a bit as i worked for him when i got out of the Navy in '90).

I've been reading and gathering a wealth of info both here and elsewhere about the hobby. Also, i hope to vastly improve my skill now that i'm better equipped to buy things like a real airbrush system (i currently only own the basic cheap testors propellant style airbrush i bought when I built the aircraft in the pics below)

I dusted off these old models I built 20+ years ago, I was quite the novice in those days(and i still am!)

post-13434-0-49467300-1392917372_thumb.j

post-13434-0-82334800-1392917384_thumb.j