#22 Custom Hearse

Custom Hearse

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • Full Name:Marshall Glasgow

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:58 PM

Thanks Kostas! Hopefully it stays looking good and I don't goof something... :wacko: :lol:

#23 kilrathy10

kilrathy10

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts
  • Full Name:JT Williams

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:29 AM

You know, Marshall...Even with these little glitches, I think, overall, this is one fine kit....I can live with the fairing issues and such, but that frame length really bothers me....I just Have to lengthen mine....I'm pretty certain I will never build one that I haven't lengthened....I've seen them with this kit's length, but only with the shorter sleepers.....Not with this long one.....And believe me, I do prefer this one....No problem, as Italeri's been getting away with it for years.....And you only need to lengthen it about 1/2 and inch to make it look right.....I do 1 inch, but that's me....

You're definitely looking good, Man....Keep it going....

#24 Custom Hearse

Custom Hearse

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:38 AM

Oh believe me J.T., The length is an offense to the eye. I noticed AMT's T-600 had the same problem, only worse. I figured the length of the sleeper on this kit was a little longer than my 1:1 was. Yeah, a 1/2 inch should do it. I may still do it myself.

You're right though... Even though this kit has a few small quirks, I'm still as excited as ever to build it (and truth be known, I love to modify kits ;) ).

The build is at a slight standstill for the moment... The weather has turned a bit cold for painting (the temps have not been over 30 degrees for the last several days, and it snowed 2" night before last). We are expecting winter weather and cold temps for another week. :angry:

I guess I will start on building something else on the truck...

#25 Custom Hearse

Custom Hearse

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:16 PM

Getting ready to start the engine. I gotta look up some reference material to see how hard it would be to convert it to a Cummins...

#26 highway

highway

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,264 posts
  • Full Name:Matthew Brownlee, card carrying member of the Donnie Boger fan club

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:11 PM

What color are you using for the Weenie blue Marshall? It looks like a perfect match, and if I can get the resin required to build my old Pete 386, I've been thinking of building my old Weenie ride. By the way, are you going to make an MCP200 for in it? If so, let me know and I'll take my camera to work and try and get a clearer pic of the home screen than this one from my new pumpkin ride! :lol:

HPIM4115.jpg

#27 Custom Hearse

Custom Hearse

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:02 PM

It's Dupli-Color Bermuda Blue Metallic. I picked it up at Autozone. I need to get some more when the roads defrost. My truck didn't have the MCP200 in it. It had the older model Qualcomm. I'm gonna add several little things to the interior that were in the truck, and add a bunk instead of the couch. Werner would never splurge for a creature comfort like a couch... <_< :lol:

#28 Bennyg

Bennyg

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts
  • Full Name:Ben Glasby

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:30 PM

What gearbox did the prostar with the cummins? Is it the same gearbox behind the maxxforce?

Ben

#29 highway

highway

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,264 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:16 PM

It's Dupli-Color Bermuda Blue Metallic. I picked it up at Autozone. I need to get some more when the roads defrost. My truck didn't have the MCP200 in it. It had the older model Qualcomm. I'm gonna add several little things to the interior that were in the truck, and add a bunk instead of the couch. Werner would never splurge for a creature comfort like a couch... <_< :lol:

I see a trip to Autozone in my future! That explains a lot too why you said in the thread I have with the new Qualcomm antennas why you said you still had a dome since you had the old Qualcomm in it.

And a couch, Werner couldn't even splurge for a real engine!! 

#30 Custom Hearse

Custom Hearse

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:19 PM

What gearbox did the prostar with the cummins? Is it the same gearbox behind the maxxforce?

Ben

Eaton-Fuller 10 speed. I don't know if it is the same, I need to check on that.

#31 Custom Hearse

Custom Hearse

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:21 PM

I see a trip to Autozone in my future! That explains a lot too why you said in the thread I have with the new Qualcomm antennas why you said you still had a dome since you had the old Qualcomm in it.

And a couch, Werner couldn't even splurge for a real engine!! 

I did like the Cummins I had in it. It climbed really well. But I do agree that they could've been considerate and turned the truck up... 62 was just too slow.

#32 highway

highway

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,264 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:58 AM

I did like the Cummins I had in it. It climbed really well. But I do agree that they could've been considerate and turned the truck up... 62 was just too slow.

The Cummapart in my Pete was the exact opposite, I could go 65 but it wouldn't pull a hill for nothing. It seen a 6% coming up and it started dropping speed, I was lucky to be doing 25 at  the top of the hill! :angry:

#33 Custom Hearse

Custom Hearse

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:58 PM

I have no idea why mine climbed so good. I could have 40,000 on board, and I would pass O/O's going up(unless they were real light or empty, then I'd have to call the company to get the decals replaced...).

#34 highway

highway

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,264 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:30 PM

I have no idea why mine climbed so good. I could have 40,000 on board, and I would pass O/O's going up(unless they were real light or empty, then I'd have to call the company to get the decals replaced...).

They stopped replacing my decals!! :lol:  :lol:

#35 Custom Hearse

Custom Hearse

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:10 AM

Still working on puttying the cab and sleeper. Monday will be 70 out, but I have a doctors appointment in the afternoon. Tuesday will be great for painting at 73 degrees. Tuesday night and Wednsday we are supposed to get snow... :blink:

#36 Bennyg

Bennyg

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts
  • Full Name:Ben Glasby

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:14 AM

Weather. The worst enemy....

Ben

#37 Custom Hearse

Custom Hearse

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 12:57 AM

Don't you know it! Got the lines that I wanted to putty up done, and now it's ready to paint. Unfortunately I have an appointment with a CT scan 70 miles away this morning... If the weather holds out tomorrow I'll be painting it up.

#38 highway

highway

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,264 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:22 AM

I hope you can get some painting done, Marshall, I want to see it in color before I go back to work Wednesday!

I'm hoping this crazy winter will end soon too, I'm getting tired of it being 53 degrees when I leave and 30 miles up the road it be snowing!

#39 Custom Hearse

Custom Hearse

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:45 PM

Sorry Matt... I wasn't able to paint the cab yet. And to make matters more difficult, the paint I told you about is no longer available... It turns out that when I bought the can of Bermuda blue, it had already been discontinued. I don't know if I have enough to paint the cab, which means I may have to repaint the whole truck in a diiferent light blue. I picked up a couple of cans of DupliColor/GM Light Blue Metallic. It's a little darker, but it might just work for Werner blue. I'll keep you updated...

#40 Custom Hearse

Custom Hearse

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:00 PM

This is the GM light blue metallic compared to the Bermuda blue...

010_zps7f67cd67.jpg

Let me know what you think...