#61 jbwelda

jbwelda

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,447 posts
  • Full Name:William Just

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:45 PM

>Most automobiles of this era had folding windshields--the upper part being hinged at the frame, so as to be folded forward,

>down on top of the lower pane.   There are lots of contemporary pictures of open cars (and the VAST majority of automobiles

>prior to the advent of inexpensive closed body styles were open bodies) showing this.

ok Art thanks for the info though in all honesty that's not at all what I asked, and its probably a case of not reading my post very carefully. I am well aware of windshields in which the upper part is hinged and folds forward and down...onto the VERTICAL piece of glass below.

you might note I emphasized the word "vertical". you might also note the lower glass in the photo above as well as the box art is not vertical. you might also note some other disparities from what I, at least, thought I "knew" about these windshields (in my case very little).

thanks again!

jb

#62 lordairgtar

lordairgtar

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:07 AM

Oh brother.

#63 Craig Irwin

Craig Irwin

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 01:10 PM

Any projected release dates?

#64 niteowl7710

niteowl7710

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts
  • Full Name:Daddy Day Care Now Open!

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:51 PM

The 1912 Roadster is first and it's tentatively scheduled for July.

#65 Danno

Danno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,111 posts
  • Full Name:Nameless Natural Luminary

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:16 AM

Kewl!  Looking orward to it.  It'll look great next to my MENG F350!

#66 Eric Macleod

Eric Macleod

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Full Name:Eric Macleod

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:33 AM

Danno,

I used to tow my '26 Touring with a Ford F-350. All you need is the Galaxy trailer and you would have it made! Like my 1:1 trailer, you probably could fit two complete '12 T's inside one trailer!

#67 Danno

Danno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,111 posts
  • Full Name:Nameless Natural Luminary

Posted 28 May 2014 - 05:02 PM

Great idea, Eric.

#68 dimaxion

dimaxion

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  • Full Name:John JR. Landgraver

Posted 01 June 2014 - 08:14 AM

I build Factory Stock . Like VW's , unless you know these Vehicles , you can't decearn one year from another . Both made "Running Changes" during Production . If the change was lucky enough to happen at the same time as the Competition offered up New Model Year , so be it . If not true , so be it . The latter years with the Costs of not including US Government mandates changed this practice for VW . I am looking forward to new Model T's I cannot scratch build or Modify . I will most happily add these to my String .. Thanx ..   

#69 Art Anderson

Art Anderson

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:27 PM

The 1912 Roadster is first and it's tentatively scheduled for July.

Given that ICM is located in Ukraine, I'm wondering what effect, if any, all the mess over there is having on the company?  (fingers crossed).

Art

#70 Art Anderson

Art Anderson

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:32 PM

I build Factory Stock . Like VW's , unless you know these Vehicles , you can't decearn one year from another . Both made "Running Changes" during Production . If the change was lucky enough to happen at the same time as the Competition offered up New Model Year , so be it . If not true , so be it . The latter years with the Costs of not including US Government mandates changed this practice for VW . I am looking forward to new Model T's I cannot scratch build or Modify . I will most happily add these to my String .. Thanx ..   

John,

With the Model T, you are most correct:  There was no such thing as an annual, model year change in the Model T--changes, both mechanical and appearance-wise, happened as they happened, which makes certainly "brass era" Model T Fords to date just by looking at them.  "Sheet Metal Joe"(Galamb, Ford's stamping wizard back then) comes up with a newly shaped, less expensive to produce set of front fenders?  They got put into production as they happened, rather than holding off for a specific time of the year so they could be announced as being "new".  In fact, there were almost no announcements of styling changes until the "1926" Model T's were introduced.

Art

#71 Eric Macleod

Eric Macleod

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Full Name:Eric Macleod

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:31 PM

Has anyone heard anything about a release date on these yet? I looked at the manufacturer website and found nothing.