Model Cars Magazine Forum

I managed to pick up a couple Revell snap kit 1978 Blazer kits and, unlike the last Blazer I built, I've set off to try and up the detail of this one. I started off with shaving the emblems and enlarging the grille opening to use the chrome piece from the recently reissued 1977 GMC Wrecker kit, which is actually a 79/80 grille. I added a six scale inch lift and removed the molded in engine.

DSC_3570.JPG

DSC_3571.JPG

DSC_3572.JPG

As you can see, I still need to remove the mounting peg from the interior tub. I'm also going to hollow out the fan shroud to open up room for an engine fan.

• 2 weeks later...

The Mad Mudder is a 76 Blazer. I have one, plus the original Pulldozer and plan to build one as a pull truck with a GMC grille. I have all the parts to make a stock Blazer out of the kits, too.

That being said, the Monogram kits are all 1:24 scale. The Revell squarebody kits, crude as they are, are all 1:25 scale and fit in perfectly with the MPC kits. Although the Revell Chevy kits depict only the 77-78 and the GMC is a 79-80, the MPC kits go from 75-82 for Chevy and 81-84 for GMC. The Revell Blazer body is an excellent source for the correct roof to build a 76-up Blazer out of the various MPC kits, which I plan to do with the extra body I have. :)

• 2 weeks later...