#1 Diesel Jockey

Diesel Jockey

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Full Name:Anthony Kurr

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:06 PM

Not sure if this is the right place to mention this, but I will anyway, I just noticed an Australian eBay seller offering a Moebius Models Accessory Pack Big Rig Chrome Wheels and Tyres #1010 in proper Moebius packaging. I hope there are more good things to come for the truck modeling fraternity!!

#2 cappy625

cappy625

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Full Name:anthony caporiccio

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:19 PM

I seen them on ebay too. cheapest one I saw at gms customs buy now at $12.60   $3.99 shipping  us.  I think I'm going to buy it.

Edited by cappy625, 11 March 2014 - 05:22 PM.

#3 Diesel Jockey

Diesel Jockey

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Full Name:Anthony Kurr

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:35 PM

I am thinking of buying a set to try on a snap KW Aerodyne Conventional. They would be a darn sight better than those awful wheels and tyres that come with the kit. I two AMT builds that I abandoned some time ago. One is a Peterbilt 359. I think these might just work on this kit and give me the inspiration I need.

#4 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,900 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:50 PM

I'm going to move this to the Truck Kit News & Reviews section, since we've done the same with the AMT tire sets in the Car Kit News & Reviews section.

Moebius-1010-3.jpg

#5 TRaymo

TRaymo

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Full Name:Travis

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:13 PM

I bought one of these at my LHS last week for 18.99. They are a ten fold better than the snap kit wheels and tires. Only thing is I don't know what truck to put them on. I will be buying a few more hope they stick around.

#6 Danno

Danno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,439 posts
  • Full Name:Nameless Natural Luminary

Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:38 PM

I heard from a usually-reliable source that the entire run has already sold out (at the wholesale level).  So, if you want them, you better grab them fast.  No guarantee there will be a second run.

#7 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,839 posts
  • Full Name:^See Above

Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:44 PM

If the first run is already sold out- I'll take that as a good sign and assume there will be a second at some point. The only reason I haven't used a set of Moebius wheels and tires on another truck kit is because then I'd have a Moebius International with no rolling stock... this would solve that little problem.

#8 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:53 PM

If my numbers are right,  3000 sets were done, 2000 sets went to Canada, and 1000 sets came here

#9 Jim B

Jim B

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,555 posts
  • Full Name:James Bongiovanni

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:49 AM

Would be nice to get a couple of sets to replace the wheels & tires on the snap W900 & Peterbilt 359 kits.

#10 kilrathy10

kilrathy10

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,745 posts
  • Full Name:JT Williams

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:20 AM

Oh, that's awesome.....Those wheels and tires WILL make the snaps that much better....Italeri has something out like this, but has a few too many other things in it that I won't use, and the wheels aren't chromed......Sometimes, that's all you need is some dadgum wheels......This will greatly facilitate some scratchwork for me..... :D Gonna look for those, right now....

Edited by kilrathy10, 12 March 2014 - 04:26 AM.

#11 TRaymo

TRaymo

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Full Name:Travis

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:22 AM

Oh, that's awesome.....Those wheels and tires WILL make the snaps that much better....Italeri has something out like this, but has a few too many other things in it that I won't use, and the wheels aren't chromed......Sometimes, that's all you need is some dadgum wheels......This will greatly facilitate some scratchwork for me..... :D Gonna look for those, right now....

I agree gonna make some scratch built trailers much more doable. Check model round up they have them for 18.50.

#12 cappy625

cappy625

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Full Name:anthony caporiccio

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:16 PM

I'm glad you  told us they are limited i'll buy 2 just in case. thanks for the info.

#13 mikemodeler

mikemodeler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,933 posts
  • Full Name:Classified

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:49 PM

Just ordered a set from The Modelroundup.

Thanks for the information.

#14 Danno

Danno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,439 posts
  • Full Name:Nameless Natural Luminary

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:10 PM

FYI, it was actually 2,000 ~ 1,000 Canada and 1,000 USA.

#15 niteowl7710

niteowl7710

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts
  • Full Name:Daddy Day Care Now Open!

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:25 PM

Wheels are nice, but unless Moebius went out and tooled up (or re-tooled) the tires then they're dubiously usable at best.  I've never seen a single truck anywhere at anytime - mind you I've seen tens of thousands of them in 15 years of driving that have the "all position" rail/ship container tires Moebius made on the steer axle of a truck.  I understand having 10 tires with the same tread was cheaper and all of that, but that has always been the one disappointment I've had with the ProStar & LoneStar, give me 8 of those container tires for the drive axles if you have to - I have seen them used there albeit a nice set of real highway truck tires would have be nicer, and then a nice set of steer tires for the front.

#16 Mr mopar

Mr mopar

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • Full Name:Doug Spencer

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:26 PM

I can't see why Moebius would make a limited run if it's a money maker for them?

#17 Ben

Ben

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,913 posts
  • Full Name:Ben Wicker

Posted 18 March 2014 - 06:20 PM

Wheels are nice, but unless Moebius went out and tooled up (or re-tooled) the tires then they're dubiously usable at best.  I've never seen a single truck anywhere at anytime - mind you I've seen tens of thousands of them in 15 years of driving that have the "all position" rail/ship container tires Moebius made on the steer axle of a truck.  I understand having 10 tires with the same tread was cheaper and all of that, but that has always been the one disappointment I've had with the ProStar & LoneStar, give me 8 of those container tires for the drive axles if you have to - I have seen them used there albeit a nice set of real highway truck tires would have be nicer, and then a nice set of steer tires for the front.

, We got you covered on tires! Very accurate tires with a few different tread types! Here's how our Bridgestone M722 and our New Michelin drive tires look on those Moebius wheels. http://bwicke9.wix.com/class-a-resin

Attached Files

Edited by Ben, 18 March 2014 - 06:27 PM.

#18 phoneguy

phoneguy

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Full Name:Jerry

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:34 PM

Excellent Ben!!!!!

#19 kilrathy10

kilrathy10

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,745 posts
  • Full Name:JT Williams

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:11 PM

I've been looking, but I can't find anyone who has them....

#20 Thatswhatshesaid

Thatswhatshesaid

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Full Name:X

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:03 PM

I've been looking, but I can't find anyone who has them....

JT, scalehobbyist.com has them. $13.69 a set. Shows them in stock but doesn't show an instock quantity. Better jump on them.