#41 BubbaBrown

BubbaBrown

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Full Name:Joseph Dorcy

Posted 03 May 2014 - 07:34 PM

Playing around with this kit and I can't find the rear coil springs. Supposed to be part # 123 chromed. Has anyone else had this ? If it were Revell no problem, but round 2 thinks you might want to steal a part and mail or drive your kit back to seller. Ive looked at plain plastic and chromed and these old eyes just can't find them. Help

#42 SteveG

SteveG

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 03:25 AM

Playing around with this kit and I can't find the rear coil springs. Supposed to be part # 123 chromed. Has anyone else had this ? If it were Revell no problem, but round 2 thinks you might want to steal a part and mail or drive your kit back to seller. Ive looked at plain plastic and chromed and these old eyes just can't find them. Help

That's easy, unless you got a short shot they're on the chrome tree to the left of the upper front suspension.  See the attached photo. 

-Steve

Attached File  DSCN3195A.jpg   56.09KB   0 downloads

#43 BubbaBrown

BubbaBrown

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Full Name:Joseph Dorcy

Posted 04 May 2014 - 10:22 AM

You got em, Thanks I don't think I'd of ever found them. Again a Big Thank You,

#44 horsepower

horsepower

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 01:18 PM

That color appears to be very close to a color that I used on a 1:1 Shelby GT500 a long time ago, it was a Lincoln "Moonglow" color the "Moonglow" colors were Ford Motor Companies answer to GM's "Firemist" metallics.

#45 250 Testa Rossa

250 Testa Rossa

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Full Name:Maxx Kominski

Posted 04 May 2014 - 03:02 PM

For those of you who are in the Los Angeles Area, the Malco Gasser is on display as part of a new exhibit at the Petersen Automotive Museum called Mustangs Forever: 50 Years of a Legend.

#46 freakshow12

freakshow12

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,917 posts
  • Full Name:fred mckee

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:22 PM

Here it is in the vault when is was down there a few years agoAttached File  image.jpg   99.8KB   3 downloads

#47 250 Testa Rossa

250 Testa Rossa

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:47 PM

Here it is in the vault when is was down there a few years agoattachicon.gifimage.jpg

How many pictures did you get of this car?

#48 freakshow12

freakshow12

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,917 posts
  • Full Name:fred mckee

Posted 05 May 2014 - 02:42 AM

I think I have a few more. I will look. They didn't want to open the car up too badly as it was not ready for display yet

#49 RancheroSteve

RancheroSteve

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts
  • Full Name:Steve Roullier

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:29 AM

It's been on display off and on over the years at The Petersen, but I've never seen it opened up. I'll have to get over there and check out that Mustang show.

#50 250 Testa Rossa

250 Testa Rossa

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:10 AM

It's been on display off and on over the years at The Petersen, but I've never seen it opened up. I'll have to get over there and check out that Mustang show.

There's pictures of it on display at the Petersen for the Mustang exhibit, but it is not opened up. The car was put on display with a flat tire, though. 

#51 Brett Barrow

Brett Barrow

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,267 posts
  • Full Name:Genius billionaire playboy philanthropist Brett M. Barrow, Esq.

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:39 AM

This is probably the best collection of photos I've found.  There are a few of the engine, interior and chassis: 

http://public.fotki....eorgemontgomer/

#52 Mike Chernecki

Mike Chernecki

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Chernecki

Posted 05 May 2014 - 02:04 PM

Does anyone remember which magazine had a feature the red Mustang and maybe the blue one too. This was a few months back.

#53 Bowtienutz

Bowtienutz

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Full Name:Vinnie
    I'm trying to be good
    0 warning points whatever that means.

Posted 06 May 2014 - 02:32 AM

Brett thanks for the complement on my photo collection. I also have a collection of the Red the car just follow the link.  If your into wasting time and drinking coffee bookmark the site and poke around lots of drag racing stuff. I hadn't updated it in a long time because of fotki problems but now that that looks it's fixed I'm going to start updating it again. 

#54 Brett Barrow

Brett Barrow

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,267 posts
  • Full Name:Genius billionaire playboy philanthropist Brett M. Barrow, Esq.

Posted 06 May 2014 - 03:05 AM

Brett thanks for the complement on my photo collection. I also have a collection of the Red the car just follow the link.  If your into wasting time and drinking coffee bookmark the site and poke around lots of drag racing stuff. I hadn't updated it in a long time because of fotki problems but now that that looks it's fixed I'm going to start updating it again. 

Hi Vince, I didn't realize you were a member here or I would have given you a shout-out.  Your Fotki page is great, I dig though it quite often! 

#55 SteveG

SteveG

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 03:21 AM

This is probably the best collection of photos I've found.  There are a few of the engine, interior and chassis: 

http://public.fotki....eorgemontgomer/

I agree .... I used his photo collection as reference for my build up.   They were a big help,  thanks Vince !!

-Steve

#56 250 Testa Rossa

250 Testa Rossa

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:22 PM

Depends on how much of a stickler you want to be for accuracy. Most will say it's accurate enough, and there's nothing wrong with that. If you do start with an amt body you will need the gt and the gt350. Ohio's car had std tail lights with the gt350 spoiler and caps.The headlight buckets were also std mustang. Or find a resin body. Mine was done by Fremont racing,no longer in buisiness but I'm sure there's bodies out there. Also I think comp resins does one now although I do not know how accurate or if it was even based off mine. Also I believe theirs is one piece.

Do you plan on repopping the body?

Edited by 250 Testa Rossa, 06 May 2014 - 08:13 PM.

#57 mr68gts

mr68gts

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts
  • Full Name:Paul Mendoza

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:05 AM

I have the master I made back from Joe at Fremont,and it's on hiatus for a bit while I clear off some other projects. I started correcting the body some more. (Shortening the cowl in front of the wind shield and raising the scoop, plus bringing it further back to mate properly with the new cowl. Once that is done and cleaned up yes if I can find a reputable caster for it I will gladly send it out for them to cast. I was also working on a corrected Malco Multi Maverick with both stock and awb fenders but there was not much interest in this body so I sidelined that project and is currently in long term hiatus.

Edited by mr68gts, 07 May 2014 - 04:06 AM.

#58 Daddyfink

Daddyfink

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts
  • Full Name:Jesse Chavez

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:20 AM

Hey Paul, how hard would it be to convert this body into Skip Hess' Revell Kit Mustang?

#59 mr68gts

mr68gts

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts
  • Full Name:Paul Mendoza

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:25 AM

Jesse, If I recall correctly it only the front clip that is different. I'd have to see some pics of it to be sure. I want to say its really only the scoop or lack thereof. Off to google images I go :-)

*edit* ok, back from google images lol. Lack of scoop in the early solid orange version if it. Also the head light buckets are stock with the headlights molded into the body. Replace the grill insert with flat sheet from the rear and add the GT light bar. That's it as far as the front clip goes. Rear body needs the louvers on the b pillers and that's it. Fairly easy conversion from the body you have. I would cut the front end off a std gt model and use that since it looks like a stock front end. The hood does not have the twin indents in it.
Paul

Edited by mr68gts, 07 May 2014 - 07:36 AM.

#60 Bowtienutz

Bowtienutz

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Full Name:Vinnie
    I'm trying to be good
    0 warning points whatever that means.

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:33 AM

Hey Paul, how hard would it be to convert this body into Skip Hess' Revell Kit Mustang?

the Revell Kit car is in my collection of photos http://public.fotki....ll-kit-mustang/