#141 Thatswhatshesaid

Thatswhatshesaid

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • Full Name:Jake McGillicutty

Posted 22 September 2014 - 09:09 PM

I found one about 3 weeks ago but since then the 3 hobby lobby stores near me haven't had them. Said they can't even order them yet. Just have to wait until the warehouse ships them to them.

#142 tim boyd

tim boyd

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 04:58 AM

I found one about 3 weeks ago but since then the 3 hobby lobby stores near me haven't had them. Said they can't even order them yet. Just have to wait until the warehouse ships them to them.

I just got a second kit from Model Cave in Ypsi, Michigan.  The last time I was there (before this trip), they didn't have any (that I saw), but they did have a supply (which apparently sold quickly) when the kit was first released a few months ago.  Hopefully this means some outlets in the Distribution chain sold out the first allotment and had to wait for a second allotment to restore the supply.   TB 

#143 cowboy rich

cowboy rich

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Full Name:Richard Whithurst

Posted 20 February 2015 - 02:03 PM

Hello everybody,
I planning a build that I need to base on the c.a. hauler for my dad on his 65th in June. But need to know if the one shown in the box art of the day cab has a sleeper in the box,or if I have source one elsewhere. Trying to replicate the first one he owned outright, narrow window, wide hood 359. TIA Rich

#144 Petetrucker07

Petetrucker07

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,659 posts
  • Full Name:Clayton Scheiber

Posted 20 February 2015 - 02:08 PM

The new Ca Hauler doesn't have a sleeper. If you need 1 let me know. I may be able to help.

#145 cowboy rich

cowboy rich

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 03:21 PM

do you know if the new California holler is a good reproduction or should I look for an original

#146 Petetrucker07

Petetrucker07

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,659 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 03:25 PM

The new 1 is awesome, I've built 2 so far.

Here's the first 1. And a link to the build thread, http://www.modelcars...ic=91289&page=1

image_zpsb0f85271.jpg

And the 2nd, I put a Mercury sleeper from a Diamond Reo on it, and it's almost 100% box stock. I lowered the red truck a little in the front and added a bunch of stuff to it.

image_zps15cf4942.jpg

Edited by Petetrucker07, 20 February 2015 - 03:28 PM.

#147 cowboy rich

cowboy rich

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 04:59 PM

Those are great looking. WHAT color is that red? That is beautiful. I am shopping for the ca hauler, if push come to shove I have stuff to trade. Some clean,some needing a bath.
Shiny side up
Rich

#148 Petetrucker07

Petetrucker07

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,659 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 05:11 PM

It dupli-color metal specs retro red. For spray paint, it's a bit pricey, 12 bucks at autozone.

#149 Force

Force

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts
  • Full Name:Håkan Persson

Posted 21 February 2015 - 12:48 AM

The original T500-500 California Hauler kit from 1969  did not have a sleeper but back then you could send in a card to get one from AMT, unfortunately the sleeper tooling is gone or beyond repair so the recently reissued kit #866 doesn't have any either.

Another thing that's different with the recent reissued kit compared to the original is that the tanks are shorter than in the original kit, otherwise it's pretty much the same kit as the original issue.

The second edition T 500 kit wich came around 1971-73 included the sleeper and this sleeper in resin can be found at American Industrial Truck models marked as 36 Inch Restrite Sleeper.

Here is the boxart from the second edition T 500 kit wich included the sleeper...the sunvisor is also gone as it was on the sleeper sprue, but you can find one in resin at Auslowe Model Accessories in Australia.

$_57.JPG

#150 cowboy rich

cowboy rich

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 05:04 AM

Ok thanks I'll check out aitm and see what I can come up with. I found a factory seal original last night.....but...no not giving up everything I own.

#151 Petetrucker07

Petetrucker07

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,659 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 05:23 AM

Dropped you a PM.