Model Cars Magazine Forum

Masking Panels?

i have used a good quality masking tape cut to the desired width/shape with good results. i use an old table top from a glass top end table that i clean and polish really well, then lay the tape down and cut with a straight edge and hobby knife.

• 4 weeks later...

when I was painting motorcycle tanks,after I laid down the tape or stencil I would put down a light coat of the base paint or clear then spray the top color.this would help prevent bleed thru on the tape edges.I haven't tried this on a model yet but thought I would mention it

Type the following into a Google image search; "Kirk Jones + May Cause Dangerous" Exactly like that and you'll see plenty of photos.

Also if you don't have it, search eBay for issue number 45 of The Rodder's Journal which contains a full feature of the car.

Would any of you guys happen to have detail shots of this car? Engine, interior, etc...? The guy who built the 1:1 chronicled the build on the H.A.M.B, but the pictures won't show on my computer.......

Thanks, fellas.....

Do a google search on may cause dangerous starliner and you will get tons of pictures and youtube video of the car.