Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya MK4 Supra

Project510

Along with my 64 Chevy Pickup I started this Tamiya Kit to give to a good friend. Its mostly stock but I had a old Castrol Supra kit so I stole the brakes and probably the seat and other random bits.

I tried to fit the wheels but they are too wide and did not want to ruin anything by cutting and hacking it up. Thats beyond my skill level at the moment

Some of these pics are not great because I was too lazy to use real camera, so just sent from phone.

I love my Spray booth, it may be the only way I continue to work with the move coming in a few weeks. Lets hope it does the job assuming I can properly vent it out a window.

20140322_184842-L.jpg

3 Coats of Tamiya pure white on top of 1 grey and 2 white coats of primer

20140316_201748-L.jpg

Engine is stock nothing fancy. Going to go back and do a few small touch ups. My hand is not as steady as I would like it to be.

20140327_191932-L.jpg

Assuming my buddy is happy with these wheels, this may be the final stance and fitment.

20140317_173607-L.jpg

*edit* after posting this I just realized I installed the brakes backwards... uhhggg

Thanks for looking, more to come later

Edited by Project510

Yea white is one of my favorite colors for these cars.. black would be my favorite but I dont think I am ready for a nice black paint job yet!

Supra in white should be good. Dont worry about the brakes,i have seen after marked brakes mounted bakwards and forwards,

if you are refering to the calipers? I dont think there is any blueprint.

Thanks man, thats good news.. I did not want to remove them!

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Was not happy with the quality of this build. Starting over!

I really can do better, after reading through lots of threads here I think I have more knowledge on proper technique.

I just was not happy with the paint. I also did not plan ahead with regards to the wheels and couldn't get them to fit and I already painted and glued everything together.