Model Cars Magazine Forum

In honor of Vic Mizzy....DONE! Green Acres here I come!

More progress today........

About got the bed finished. I narrowed the Hillbillies bed as it was very wide. Added new sides with stake pockets made from channel and strip stock. The front and sides are strip stock with added wood grain. They are made removable. I am about at the point I need to start painting and assembly.
Hard to see in these photos but got the trim on the cab too. Thanks

DSC00018-vi.jpgDSC00019-vi.jpgDSC00021-vi.jpg

More work completed.......

My TV Star Car project is moving along well. Got the vast majority of paint done. A few small things need to be finish then final assembly.
Chassis.....
DSC00022-vi.jpg
Bed......
DSC00024-vi.jpg
Cab......
DSC00027-vi.jpg
Engine....
DSC00025-vi.jpg
I'll be doing some weathering and detail paint.....THX

Well I am calling it done. I need some small detail painting, radiator cap and one more item I'll show later......
DSC00029-vi.jpg
DSC00031-vi.jpg
DSC00032-vi.jpg
Started as a Beverly Hillbillies truck. Cab was laser cut from my design. Bed is from kit but narrowed with new side, pockets and 'wood' sides.
I drew the tags in CorelDraw using a screen gab from the show. (If you want a set hit me offline.)
It is painted flat black as a primer then medium green. Some say the real truck was black....but those early color shows are tough to tell. But in the show the windshield frame is MUCH darker then the body....so I liked the green and went with it.
Thanks for looking!!!

• 3 months later...

I really like what you've done here.There are almost endless possibilities for light commercial conversions with kits like these.It's a shame there aren't more basic starting point kits like these.Probably not enough intrest to make tooling costs practical.