I started stretching out the body, but still using most of the kit at this point.
I was quickly unsatisfied with this, so I build a new rear section still using the kit rear fenders. I bought a Jimmy Flintstone chopped resin Pete cab, and narrowed the hood to a 351 style. I replaced the front fenders and sunk them futher up into the hood.
After much Allison applied drag racing research, I started putting them together. I joined them crank to crank with a collar. I wanted almost a direct drive to the rear ends, with only a short driveshaft. I made the motor mounts and got them mocked up. The body is 90% complete. Then, lots of sanding and blending.
Edited by Superpeterbilt, 13 December 2014 - 06:49 PM.