#61 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,618 posts
  • Full Name:^^^^

Posted 28 February 2015 - 02:18 PM

Absolutely. And when the build and play 2016 one comes out to market, they'll be great together lol.

STILL going to get the '16, B&P or not. ^_^  People can scoff at the build and play kits all they like, but they do make pretty good shelf models when painted and detailed, just like any other curbside kit. Sometimes subject matter just trumps the kits shortcomings. But Revell can keep the more detailed, higher-parts count snap kits coming too, if they're at least as good as this one.

#62 Platerpants

Platerpants

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts
  • Full Name:Jake Bridges

Posted 28 February 2015 - 02:21 PM

Cant wait to get this kit i ordered it hopefully itll look nice next to my 2017 kit yes 2017 the new raptor is a 17 model year coming out late 16.

#63 blubaja

blubaja

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • Full Name:Francis Xavier Tiewski 3rd

Posted 28 February 2015 - 03:43 PM

Cant wait to get this kit i ordered it hopefully itll look nice next to my 2017 kit yes 2017 the new raptor is a 17 model year coming out late 16.

Model years lol! Ok, which ever Ford wants to designate it. Tower has these now. for $13, this is a really really decent kit!

#64 Platerpants

Platerpants

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts
  • Full Name:Jake Bridges

Posted 03 March 2015 - 04:47 PM

The kit will need a good detailing like the autoshow raptor... but will not need lifted like it nor will the lights need as much detailing. The front bumper shoulda been seperate in blavk plastic like the rear. And the sunroof shoulda been on the tinted glass

Attached File  20150303_214101.jpg   90.8KB   0 downloads

#65 SSNJim

SSNJim

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:02 PM

Interesting - there's two Raptor kits?! I thought the "autoshow raptor" and the "snaptite raptor" were the same. Yay!

#66 blubaja

blubaja

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • Full Name:Francis Xavier Tiewski 3rd

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:50 AM

The kit will need a good detailing like the autoshow raptor... but will not need lifted like it nor will the lights need as much detailing. The front bumper shoulda been seperate in blavk plastic like the rear. And the sunroof shoulda been on the tinted glass

I agree about the front bumper. It looks like it might have been a separate part, that they decided to add to the body later on. There is an empty spot on one of the sprues for a part, that seems about the size of the bumper. Also the way the bumper and the body meet, look like it was set up to have been separate. 

#67 High octane

High octane

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,475 posts
  • Full Name:Nick

Posted 04 March 2015 - 12:41 PM

I was eyein' the new Raptor Snap kit yesterday at my LHS, but I didn't get it as I have very few kit's past the 60's in my collection. I hope to be gettin' a new 1:1 truck in the next year or so and am lookin' at Fords & Rams. I've had Chevy trucks since the late 70's and it's time for a change.