#2 High octane

High octane

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,722 posts
  • Full Name:Nick

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:09 AM

The only car that I "might" be interested in would be the Torino. The Hot Rod Hydro is a renamed Hemi Hydro kit and the hull scales out to 'bout 1/20th scale.

#3 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,218 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:13 AM

I am pretty sure I will be getting the Camaro, maybe the Challenger , the 2015 Stang, and the Raptor

#4 Tom Geiger

Tom Geiger

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,156 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Geiger

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:17 AM

And here's the news release text:

Revell’s Third Quarter New Release announcement includes important news about two new categories of products.

To grow the model-building trade, Revell recognizes we need to broaden the consumer base and get kids aware of our hobby.  Moms want their kids off the couch and unplugged from technology, and activate their children’s minds with a fun activity that is also a learning experience.  We learned today’s Gen-X generation of parents is unaware what a model kit is or does by looking at our current packaging.

Our approach is to attract kids and moms to snap kits and also enable young model builders and novice adults to graduate from snap kits to glue kits with confidence.

SnapTite™ Build & Play: We unveiled the 2015 Ford Mustang GT kit at the Detroit and Chicago Auto Shows earlier this year and received tremendous response from thousands of kids who built them.  These kits are simple enough that even young children (6+) with no previous experience and supervision can assemble them.  Besides having fewer than 14 pieces, these kits are designed for play with their rolling wheels and tough bodies.  We enhanced the product with vibrant packaging illustrating what a model kit contains, how the project is accomplished, and the time required.  And showing its fun too!

85-1685               2015 Mustang GT®  SnapTite™ Build & Play               1/25

85-1687               Audi R8   SnapTite™ Build & Play                                  1/25

Glue Kits with Pre-Finished Car Bodies:  These kits are designed to enhance anyone’s first-time experience with paint and glue.  A challenging task for a beginning modeler is to spray- finish the body and be pleased with the result.  This introduction features factory-finished car bodies, but the builder has the option to hand paint select features too.  The build time is less as these kits will have fewer than 60 pieces; however, hobbyists will take interest with these kits since they have detailed engines.  The window box showcases the pre-finished car body and wheels, and communicates the project details to the consumer.

85-4307               2013 Camaro® ZL1™   featuring Pre-Finished Body   1/25

85-4308               2013 Challenger SRT8  featuring Pre-Finished Body  1/25

These four cars will be shipped in early Third Quarter.  Look forward to additional products for these two families in the Fourth Quarter Announcement. 

But wait, there’s more!  We continue to support our core hobbyist community with popular new products containing Revell’s signature details and quality to fulfill their requests.  Included in this announcement are vehicles with All New Tooling:

85-4332               Ferrari LaFerrari   with Positionable front wheels                     1/24

85-4936               ‘67 Camaro™ SS™ 2’n 1                                                                1/25

Other Q3 New Releases Include

85-1977               Ford F-150 SVT  Raptor SnapTite® NEW TOOLING                    1/25

85-4020               Blue Bandito ‘29 Ford® Street Rod                                              1/24

85-4099               ‘70 Ford Torino GT® 2’n 1                                                             1/25

85-4262               Tom Daniel™ Street Fighter®                                                        1/24

85-0392               Hot Rod Hydro   Includes boat trailer and water skis               1/25

85-7861               Panzer IV Tank                                                                                1/32

85-0034               Armored Half Track   SSP                                                              1/35

85-7822               M-42 Twin Forty  SSP-Renwal®                                                    1/32

#5 Tom Geiger

Tom Geiger

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,156 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:20 AM

Let the whining begin!   :D

For everyone who said that the manufacturers were ignoring young people and modern vehicle subjects, here they are!  Revell is doing a pretty good job!   And note that there are both snap kits, and easier glue kits with low parts counts to bring in new hobbyists.

And then there will be those who will post that they don't like modern cars and Revell should've done another Tri-Chevy  :lol:

Edited by Tom Geiger, 18 April 2014 - 08:20 AM.

#6 Phildaupho

Phildaupho

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts
  • Full Name:Phil Dauphinee

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:20 AM

I am looking forward to hearing more about the new mold 67 Camaro. Hopefully a future release will be a Penske Sunoco Trans-Am version.

#7 Matt T.

Matt T.

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • Full Name:Matthew T.

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:26 AM

New tool '67 Camaro? YEAH! :o  :D

#8 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,073 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:30 AM

Lots of good stuff in there.. looking forward to the '67 Camaro and Raptor, good to see the '70 Torino GT out again.  The '15 Mustang, Camaro Z-L1 and Challenger will be nice, maybe they will do a full detail Mustang GT, '14 Z/28 and '15 Challenger eventually (the revised '15 Challenger just publically announced in 1:1 yesterday).

Edited by Rob Hall, 18 April 2014 - 08:32 AM.

#9 jjsipes

jjsipes

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Full Name:Jason Sipes

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:31 AM

About time Revell does a 67 Camaro. Lets hope a variant will be a 68 RS. The AMT kit is getting old and not up to pair with the new kits.

#10 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,218 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:35 AM

Let the whining begin!   :D

For everyone who said that the manufacturers were ignoring young people and modern vehicle subjects, here they are!  Revell is doing a pretty good job!   And note that there are both snap kits, and easier glue kits with low parts counts to bring in new hobbyists.

And then there will be those who will post that they don't like modern cars and Revell should've done another Tri-Chevy  :lol:

No complaining here, Revell found a way to get some more money out of me this year, good for them

#11 1972coronet

1972coronet

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
  • Full Name:John Shoe

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:55 AM

I'm happy as pie about the new tooling '67 Camaro !!

I was under the impression that it was borne-out of a retooling of the existing '69 Camaro series ; I'm glad that that's not the case , as it'd be sad to see the '69 tooling go bye-bye .

The possibilities are potentially endless here :

- Fred Gibb Li'l Hoss

- Dana 427

- Motion 427

- Yenko 427

... happy days are (almost) here !

#12 LVZ2881

LVZ2881

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • Location:Las Vegas,NV, but wishing i was home in salem, oregon

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:15 AM

The '67 Camaro most.excites me.
The Amt is getting a bit worn.
And I.agree with the previously posted possible variations.
Should be fairly.easy to.make.a.Z28 from the SS kit.

Edited by LVZ2881, 18 April 2014 - 09:16 AM.

#13 MrObsessive

MrObsessive

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,824 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:16 AM

FINALLY!! A new tool '67 Camaro! I'd like to see an RS version as well. Now if Revell could somehow see fit to give us a NEW TOOL '69 Firebird Trans Am! That one's been long overdue!

#14 kelson

kelson

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts
  • Full Name:curtis boxill

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:22 AM

Really looking forward to the 67'Camaro and the Raptor pickup,on the fence about the ZL1 Camaro since Round 2 released the same kit last year. :)

#15 niteowl7710

niteowl7710

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts
  • Full Name:Daddy Day Care Now Open!

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:29 AM

I'm all about the '67 Camaro SS! (That probably just shocked a few people).  I reserve my right to whine about the Snap-Tite nature of the Raptor and the simplified version of the Challenger & Camaro until we know more about them.  They could be must-haves, or they could be great for kids but something most people will pass on - considering the AMT ZL-1 Camaro, and the already existing Challenger SRT-8.

The '70 Torino is nice to have back again, it's been forever and a day...but it falls under that category of "Got tired of waiting and sourced one from eBay" for me.

Edited by niteowl7710, 18 April 2014 - 09:30 AM.

#16 Tom Geiger

Tom Geiger

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,156 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:44 AM

They could be must-haves, or they could be great for kids but something most people will pass on

I'd be happy if they were just for the kids!  We need to entice the younger generation into the hobby. 

Then again, a lot of the snap kits that have been done in the past 20 years have been pretty good.

#17 Danno

Danno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,634 posts
  • Full Name:Nameless Natural Luminary

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:05 AM

The kids at GoodGuys events can't get enough of the '69 Camaro snap kits . . . nor can their parents!!

#18 Kennyboy

Kennyboy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts
  • Full Name:Ken Boyer

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:26 AM

I personally think it is cool that there will be an alternative offering to the Tamiya LaFerrari. (Too much $$)

I will have one of those in Revell offering please! And my daughter cant wait for the Audi R8 Snap tite!!

#19 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,218 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:07 AM

.  I reserve my right to whine about the Snap-Tite nature of the Raptor and the simplified version of the Challenger & Camaro until we know more about them.  They could be must-haves, or they could be great for kids but something most people will pass on - considering the AMT ZL-1 Camaro, and the already existing Challenger SRT-8.

Agreed

Edited by martinfan5, 18 April 2014 - 12:15 PM.

#20 midnightprowler

midnightprowler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,676 posts
  • Full Name:Lee

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:05 PM

Yes!! A Good 67 Camaro!!!!