193 replies to this topic

#41 Luc Janssens

Luc Janssens

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:19 PM

The Raptor seems well engineered, have to have a closer look at that one, also the tires look good...

The Camaro deserves a closer look too, do hope to see more detailed pics and info in the coming days..

Luc

#42 charlie8575

charlie8575

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,628 posts
  • Full Name:Charlie

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:29 PM

Z-28. Yep.

Torino? You bet- I never had a chance to get one originally, and now....yeah, right.

As much as people are shocked by James' desire for the Z-28, I'll probably surprise as many by saying I actually kinda like the 2015 Mustang and would gladly buy one of the snappers because this effort MUST be supported, and more importantly, Revell's new snaps are really pretty nice.

The Camaro ZL-1? As long as the paint can be removed easily, sure. 

Raptor? Yuck. Make a normal F-150 and I'll bite.

And I still want a new-tool '57 Nomad and '56 Bel-Air Sport Coupe, with separate side trim to faciliatate building a 210.

(This list'll get at least one member of each faction's shorts in a knot, I guarantee it...)

Charlie Larkin

#43 VW93

VW93

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Full Name:Frank Costantino

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:32 AM

Definetly the Blue Bandito when it is available. I've been trying to find a few parts for an original un built Blue Beetle for several years now. I hope they restore the Blue Beetle tool as original with the buckets, tonneau cover and Cadillac script valve covers.

A couple of '70 Torino's and the '67 Camaro also will be on the purchase list.

Revell has certainly been busy with the new tools.

I wish they would  take the 48 Ford tools and give us a 2 n 1 48 Ford coupe & sedan with a stock height roof. 

Give us the flathead speed parts, some wide whites with an extra pair of smaller whites for a big n little tire combo.

Make it a 3 in 1 by adding  some police/fire department accessories.

I would bet that a stock height roof kit would out sell the custom version they did. 

There are so many building possibilities with a stock height roof.

#44 blubaja

blubaja

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Full Name:Francis Xavier Tiewski 3rd

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:49 AM

Yep. Facebook.

They changed the pic that had the glue R8. Now it is just a toy:/

10157378_761705613861708_166585320249793

1010214_10201843109415529_85234824193873

1535632_10201806510860588_50664211723723

#45 VW93

VW93

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Full Name:Frank Costantino

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:42 AM

I see that they have put the original bucket seats in the Blue Bandito. I hope they just omitted the tonneau cover in the picture but that it's included in the kit.

One other thought about the snap kits and simplified kits for the young builders.

It was mentioned that the snap kits are a big hit at the Goodguys/Revell Make and Take events.

But what happens afterwards ?

Do the kids stay with it or was it just something to do for an hour or so?

Perhaps Revell should include a discount coupon with the Make and Take kits so the kids would have an incentive to continue building.

Edited by VW93, 19 April 2014 - 03:44 AM.

#46 mikemopar70

mikemopar70

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • Full Name:Michel Paquette

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:27 AM

I'll pick the 1967 Camaro for sure!!!

#47 plowboy

plowboy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,678 posts
  • Full Name:Roger Hayes

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:08 AM

I love Ford pickups. But, I'll have to pass on the half arsed effort on the Raptor.

No interest in any of the snap kits. Hopefully Revell will turn the Raptor and the '15 Mustang into full detail kits.

I'll probably get the drag LX. and convert it to a hatch back. I have the parts already together for it.  

I'm on the fence on the "Blue Bandito". I'll probably wait until it hits the clearance rack at HL.

The '70 Torino GT is a definite purchase.

The '67 Camaro looks promising. But, I won't hold my breath. The disappointment in the LX and '70 'Cuda is still lingering on my mind.

#48 Austin T

Austin T

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,575 posts
  • Full Name:Austin Tyler

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:46 AM

I love Ford pickups. But, I'll have to pass on the half arsed effort on the Raptor.

No interest in any of the snap kits. Hopefully Revell will turn the Raptor and the '15 Mustang into full detail kits.

I'll probably get the drag LX. and convert it to a hatch back. I have the parts already together for it.  

I'm on the fence on the "Blue Bandito". I'll probably wait until it hits the clearance rack at HL.

The '70 Torino GT is a definite purchase.

The '67 Camaro looks promising. But, I won't hold my breath. The disappointment in the LX and '70 'Cuda is still lingering on my mind.

What was wrong with the Cuda? I thought it was the most accurate Cuda to date?

#49 mike 51

mike 51

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Full Name:mike wickland

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:08 AM

It's a shame, those minilites on the Camaro look like 13 inch wheels.....I sure hope they fix that.

I kinda like the "snappers" , except for the headlights, too toy like for me.

#50 Sixx

Sixx

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts
  • Full Name:Derrick Six

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:58 AM

Snappers or not, I'm digging the Rapter & the new 'Stang. The Camaro too, both of 'em

#51 Greg Wann

Greg Wann

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • Full Name:Greg Wann

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:39 AM

http://smcbofphx.pro...camaro-pace-car

The 67 Camaro is good news.  Hopefully the convertible body I make will work with it somehow.  The kit I have was only issued one time.

#52 unclescott58

unclescott58

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts
  • Full Name:R. Scott Aho

Posted 20 April 2014 - 06:16 AM

A question for you guys? I still want to know about the bucket seats in the Revell 1970 Torino GT kit. In the first release of this kit, the ProModeler version, it came with low back buckets with headrests. This style of bucket seat was correct for the '69 Torinos, but not the '70s. 1970 Torinos with bucket seats, came with high back buckets with built in headrests. Bench seats in '70 Torinos were low backs with headrests. But, not the buckets. My ProModeler Torino GT in this one area is glaringly wrong. I wonder if this has been, or will be corrected in later releases of this kit?

Scott Aho

#53 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,188 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 20 April 2014 - 06:18 AM

A question for you guys? I still want to know about the bucket seats in the Revell 1970 Torino GT kit. In the first release of this kit, the ProModeler version, it came with low back buckets with headrests. This style of bucket seat was correct for the '69 Torinos, but not the '70s. 1970 Torinos with bucket seats, came with high back buckets with built in headrests. Bench seats in '70 Torinos were low backs with headrests. But, not the buckets. My ProModeler Torino GT in this one area is glaringly wrong. I wonder if this has been, or will be corrected in later releases of this kit?

Scott Aho

IIRC, this is the first reissue of the Torino GT version. IIRC, the Cobra version has the same seats and it's been reissued several times.  Missing Link has the correct style high back seats in resin. 

#54 unclescott58

unclescott58

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 06:22 AM

IIRC, this is the first reissue of the Torino GT version. IIRC, the Cobra version has the same seats and it's been reissued several times.  Missing Link has the correct style high back seats in resin.

Good to know. Thanks.

Scott Aho

#55 Robberbaron

Robberbaron

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Full Name:Robert J. Barron

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:27 AM

Nice to see the 67 Camaro. As others have said, gotta wonder if anything will be shared with the 69 Camaro or the 68 Firebird. Wouldn't be surprised if everything for the 67 is cut as new tooling, but they base it on the masters from either of those previous tools (similar to the Rat roaster chassis/suspension replicating the previous deuce components)

Edited by Robberbaron, 20 April 2014 - 11:29 AM.

#56 jbwelda

jbwelda

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,936 posts
  • Full Name:William Just

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:34 AM

Classic..."Beetle" is now "Bandito". Didn't Frito-Lay have some kind of TM on "Frito Bandito"? only they had the sense to drop that name because of racist connotations?

Yep I think they did. Way to go Revell! Born in the fifties for real.

jb

#57 Robberbaron

Robberbaron

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Full Name:Robert J. Barron

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:34 AM

Also real happy to see the Torino GT finally return - I missed that one the first time around. Kind of curious if they will include any photoetch in this one. I can see them trying to do the badging as decals, but I think the taillight mesh would either need to remain PE, or they would need to engrave the pattern right on the taillight panel itself. Never knew about the issue with the bucket seats, but I think I can look past that.

#58 unclescott58

unclescott58

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:39 AM

Taking a closer look at the announcement page on Revell's official web site, one can see pictures of the models much clearer. There is hope that Revell may have fixed the bucket seats in the upcoming Torino GT kit. Blowing up the picture on their web site it looks like high back buckets in the car!

Scott Aho

#59 CJ1971

CJ1971

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • Full Name:Cliff Caddy

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:43 AM

Looks like the only money Revell got out of me this year was for the '70 Cuda... & Aoshima/Tamiya & Fujimi will continue to reel in my cash...

#60 Deano

Deano

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Full Name:Dean Eubanks

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:11 AM

Looks like the only money Revell got out of me this year was for the '70 Cuda... & Aoshima/Tamiya & Fujimi will continue to reel in my cash...

And, believe it or not, they're probably OK with that.  What makes you think they would want to jump into the same product mix as the Japanese 'Big Three'?