#41 gasser59

gasser59

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,855 posts
  • Full Name:Brad Norgaard

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:54 AM

WOW!!  I'm visually impressed with your musically inspired assortment. Just need a few scale band members but after a bit, they'd probably break up.  :D

#42 Ramfins59

Ramfins59

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,118 posts
  • Full Name:Richard Manson

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:08 AM

I had a Hofner Bass for many years until disaster struck it.  I bought one (right handed) with a cut out on the body back in 1966 for $365 with a hardshell case.  I played it for years and it was as light as a feather, unlike the Precision Bass I have now.  I was jamming with a friend who played keyboards one day and when we took a break, I leaned the Hofner against the piano bench.  The guitar fell on the floor and the neck broke right off of the body as it was glued on, not bolted.  I had tried getting it fixed at a guitar repair shop but the action was never the same.  The strings were about a half inch or more above the fretboard where it joined the body and no amount of adjusting was ever able to lower the strings any closer to the fretboard.  I wound up getting my P-Bass after that and eventually canned the Hofner.  I do miss it. 

#43 SlotDaddy1963

SlotDaddy1963

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Full Name:Chuck McNeese

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:57 AM

Thanks fellas

I'll be adding as much  cool stuff as I can find detailed dimensions on... Fender Jaguar, Music Man Albert Lee, Music Man Sterling Bass, a Rickenbacker 360 etc. I'll prolly even make a fiddle, an upright bass and, wait for it...       a Banjo! (somebody once told me the definition of the phrase "perfect pitch" is when the banjo doesn't hit the sides of the dumpster as it's thrown away :D )

also working on a generic drumkit as we speak.

Sorry to hear about your Hofner, Rich

Edited by SlotDaddy1963, 03 July 2014 - 09:58 AM.

#44 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,850 posts
  • Full Name:A mere layman...

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:43 PM

Just saw this for the first time. Wow! I am impressed! That is ultra cool!  B)  

#45 SlotDaddy1963

SlotDaddy1963

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:21 PM

thanks, Harry

:D

#46 SlotDaddy1963

SlotDaddy1963

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 10:46 PM

Hi guys and gals!

been awhile since I updated so..

.Drumkit1_25A.jpgDrumkit1_25B.jpg

I've been a little under the weather but I feel a bit better today (So Far...)

I may end up going an entirely different direction on constructing these next time but so far so good

#47 jerseyjunker1

jerseyjunker1

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • Full Name:Manny Solano

Posted 20 July 2014 - 05:10 PM

as an ex blues and rock guitarist i love what your doing with all of the instruments. in the seventies i made a few miniature fender guitars out of wood but only got as far as finishing and painting the bodies i never got to the detail parts as i just lost interest in the project i wish i knew what i did with those bodies. it would be fun to finish one of them. you are doing a spectacular job and i will be watching your progress. B)

Edited by jerseyjunker1, 20 July 2014 - 05:11 PM.

#48 SlotDaddy1963

SlotDaddy1963

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:21 PM

thanks, Manny  :)

Brad,

I have a few of these guys and gals left from an earlier project and I've got my ear to the ground trying to find more:

PREI063900.jpg

PREI063901.jpgbut they are getting pretty scarce and therefor pretty expensive

Edited by SlotDaddy1963, 20 July 2014 - 07:32 PM.

#49 gasser59

gasser59

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,855 posts
  • Full Name:Brad Norgaard

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:59 AM

These are really cool. If you were depicting a scale life drawing class, at least you'd have all of the models.  :D

Where in the world did you find these guys?

#50 SlotDaddy1963

SlotDaddy1963

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:17 AM

hey Brad,

I was looking around the vendors area at a local IPMS show several years ago, back when I dabbled in military models and lucked up and found these in 1/32 scale... they were kinda pricey even then, around $25 per set. I couldn't pass em up. I shot my whole kit budget on a set of each. Now these things are even more expensive... eurorailhobbies.com has them at $45 US each.

I found out later that Preiser makes them in several scales, from 1/22.5 (true G scale) down to 1/48. Even down to HO I think but the smaller ones are one piece figures The picture don't do them justice. And to an extent they really are multi-pose. (any male left leg will mate up to any male right leg etc... )

The diorama I had in mind when I bought them never actually got off the ground :D but with a little cigarette paper and putty you can clothe them any way you want. 

Thanks for the interest and comments

#51 GLMFAA1

GLMFAA1

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Full Name:Greg Smith

Posted 21 July 2014 - 03:17 PM

Prieser Catalog  numbers= 45 900 Adam, 45901 Eve

going price 53.99 each

greg

#52 SlotDaddy1963

SlotDaddy1963

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 03:32 PM

Hi Greg,

The local IPMS chapter ( http://www.hpmsonlin...st/contest.html ) holds their annual show in October this year so I'll wait till then before spending that kinda moolah :D

Unless my Powerball career takes off and I hit the big one!