#1 Bige37

Bige37

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Full Name:Eric A Bethke

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:59 AM

Almost finished was sick last week! I have to attach the chains to secure the load and attach the side rails and put the decals on and some minor weathering. All in all I'd say it looks nice with the peterbuilt! This is the first trailer I've done and can't wait to start the texaco tanker to go with the kenworth. I am gonna take a break from cars and trucks and finish my sons triceratops diorama, he's been bugging me to finish it! Attached File  image.jpg   202.03KB   0 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   214.84KB   0 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   217.17KB   0 downloads

#2 slusher

slusher

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,367 posts
  • Full Name:carl slusher

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:06 AM

Looking great, those coils look so real..

#3 tbill

tbill

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts
  • Full Name:tom billings

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:30 PM

great looking trailer!! truck looks good as well, nice job.

#4 Bige37

Bige37

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:48 AM

Thanks! I'm still having issues on how I should secure the coils. The kit came with copper chain and the instructions don't specify how to secure them to the trailer it just has a picture of the chains running through each coil then down to the bumper rail. I don't really want to spend more money on this purchasing the after market chain tighteners there has to be a cheaper way. Any suggestions?

#5 kilrathy10

kilrathy10

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts
  • Full Name:JT Williams

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:24 PM

I know you have this bad boy done, and all, but you can purchase more chain from Walmart, of all places.....Just go to the jewelry isle and the sell 8' of chain in black for $3.99.....I've bought about 5 sets.....I don't think I'll ever run out of chain.....I'll take a picture of what you need to look for in a bit.....

#6 Bige37

Bige37

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 02:33 AM

Hey jt that's where I got the chain crime they also have the braided necklace that looks like cable!

#7 kilrathy10

kilrathy10

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts
  • Full Name:JT Williams

Posted 05 May 2014 - 04:38 PM

Oh, good....I'm telling you.....You can find some of the greatest stuff where you least expect to.....I'm always looking.....