#1 John Pol

John Pol

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts
  • Full Name:John Pol

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:38 AM

Is there another way to vent the spray booth instead of using window if so can you explain how its done

#2 Mike Kucaba

Mike Kucaba

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,124 posts
  • Full Name:Michael J Kucaba

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:29 PM

Google indoor clothes dryer vent. You will get some ideas, but it will not remove fumes from the paint.

#3 vypurr59

vypurr59

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Full Name:Jeff Shorter

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:40 PM

I have a charcoal filtered, paper filtered suction box, purchased from an air filtration company. The paper filter can be replaced by myself, but the charcoal portion has to be serviced by the company.  It was designed for the purpose of cleansing the air of paint fumes and is a stand alone unit. I incorporated it into my paint booth. The purchase price at the time I bought it was $50, and the servicing of the charcoal filter is $15 I have it serviced every 6 months. Paper filters are changed every 2 paint jobs.  

Edited by vypurr59, 24 April 2014 - 03:41 PM.

#4 FASTBACK340

FASTBACK340

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts
  • Full Name:John V. Agugliaro

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:22 PM

I have a charcoal filtered, paper filtered suction box, purchased from an air filtration company. The paper filter can be replaced by myself, but the charcoal portion has to be serviced by the company.  It was designed for the purpose of cleansing the air of paint fumes and is a stand alone unit. I incorporated it into my paint booth. The purchase price at the time I bought it was $50, and the servicing of the charcoal filter is $15 I have it serviced every 6 months. Paper filters are changed every 2 paint jobs.  

That's one of the most useful paragraphs I've read on here in a long time. Thanks for the info on in-door filtration.

#5 espo

espo

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Full Name:david espenshade

Posted 05 May 2014 - 04:26 PM

I didn't want to put a vent through the wall and didn't have a window near where my spray booth is. I use an area in the basement that I use to store all the garden tools and such. There is a door to the outside, and my spray both is on a shelf right next to the door. I use a dryer vent hose from Home Depot that I just stick out the door when I'm spraying. Just keep the door closed except for enough room to put the dryer hose through. This may not be the most ideal, but it has work great so far.

#6 Evil Appetite

Evil Appetite

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Rousseau

Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:16 AM

I read an article in Scale Auto years back about using a bucket of charcoal and water, with the end of the vent tubing placed down inside the charcoal. I have the mag here somewhere. If I come acros it ill scan the diagram for you. Might want to ask around the SA forum, someone there may know.

Edited by Evil Appetite, 15 May 2014 - 05:21 AM.