Here we go, the start of Gabels Corner Rescue 3.
I'm using a Revell Kenworth W900 snap kit to make a crane equipped rescue similar to Fifth District VFD's Rescue 5 (http://www.fdvfd.com...CUE-SQUAD-5.jpg). I started assembling the rescue body which I based on modified drawings of the Pierce FDNY Rescue 1 and have plans to build a simple interior to slide into the body once I start final assembly. I'm not sure if I should paint the Italeri crane before I assemble it, or after I assemble it since most of the parts are designed to interlock, so I need to figure that out real quick.
I'm fairly certain that I need to stretch the chassis frame, there just isn't enough room to fit that crane in there without the stretch. I'll wait a little bit, though, to make sure I'll have enough clearance once I finish assembling the crane. Then I can make a couple of other modifications, like long fuel tanks on the passengers side.
The paint scheme will be similar to my Peterbilt pumper, overall white with red fenders and red top trim. The crane will be painted red to match the color scheme.
Much more to come!