#1 hedotwo

hedotwo

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Full Name:Rich Cox

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:15 PM

Probably a long shot but would anyone know of any 64' or 65' Olds F-85 kits, resin or styrene?  I have a resin '65 Cutlass kit that I bought years ago but can't remember the name of the vendor I bought it from.  I can try to modify the hardtop Cutlass into the post sedan F-85, but thought I'd ask what other options I'd have.  My first 1:1 car was a blue 65' F-85 that I bought in 69'.  I've always wanted to model it, but the resin kit I have is pretty rough and will require lots of work, which I'll do if needed.  I'm thinking I'll use the AMT 66' 442 for donor parts unless I can find a 64' kit maybe.

Thanks

#2 Steven Zimmerman

Steven Zimmerman

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts
  • Full Name:Steven

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:00 PM

Ray Parsons used to offer both a 64 and a 65 cutlass, and Bandit resin offers a 65, I believe. Ray's was rough, especially the bumpers ; Bandit is nice, but last time I talked to Kenny Shores, he said the mold was shot..........'Z'

#3 disabled modeler

disabled modeler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:22 PM

I know they made promos of the 64 Cutlass in a convertible and a HT...maybe you might try to find one of those?

#4 hedotwo

hedotwo

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:34 PM

When you mentioned R and R resins having a 65' resin Cutlass it rang the bell.  That's the kit I bought years ago and when I went to the R and R website just now and looked at the pic of the kit I see that I either lost a couple of parts from the kit or they were never included.  I suspect the latter because I've only opened the box a couple of times since I bought it and find it unlikely I'd have lost anything.  It looks like the kit came with a steering wheel and tail light bezels, which I don't have.  You're right about the bumpers too.  The Bandit 64' Cutlass looks like it has the exact same interior tub and seats as my 65' R and R, but the kit looks much more complete and detailed.

Thanks also for the promo tip.  I can keep and eye out for the 64', but guessing they didn't make a 65' then?

Rich

#5 ChrisBcritter

ChrisBcritter

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • Full Name:Christopher Brame

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:00 AM

You might try hunting down a Monogram '64 GTO body shell for the door/window frames.

#6 hedotwo

hedotwo

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:07 AM

I actually have the Monogram kit at home.  I'll have to take a look after work.  I think my resin 65' Cutlass kit is 1/25 and the Goat is 1/24, but who knows maybe something might work.  Thanks for the tip.

#7 rickcaps55

rickcaps55

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:26 AM

:lol: Hi I have both the 65 and the 64 Cutlass kit's from R&R. I used the AMT 65 GTO as the doner for both the guts are the same GM used that platform for a lot of the mid 60's mid size cars and the glass all fits to. I got the better looking chrome from modelhause and they also have the glass if you can't get a doner. I also have one of the bandit kits it is a great looking cast he also listed the AMT GTO as the doner. good luck.  Rick.

#8 hedotwo

hedotwo

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 10:13 AM

Great to hear about the glass from the GTO working on the Cutlass-soon-to-be-F85.  The glass included in the resin kit I have is a piece of vacuform (that is WAY beyond using) for the windshield and a big flat piece of clear for the rear.  I may end up using the 400 inch engine from the 66' AMT 442 (pretty much visually the same as the 330 I had in my 1:1).

#9 BubbaBrown

BubbaBrown

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Full Name:Joseph Dorcy

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:37 PM

It sure would be nice if Kenny at Bandit Resins did a new mold and also did a 1965 442. I think it might sell better than the old one.