#221 408calirides

408calirides

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Full Name:Ismael Villarrael

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:25 PM

Thanks for the info and pics, so will it go over any paints like duplicolor, rust oleum, model master, testors and Tamyia paints?

Also I don't use airbrush so as applying coats is it the same time period as using a fan brush ?

#222 cchapman195

cchapman195

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Full Name:Chris Chapman

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:31 PM

Ismael, It is safe over any type or brand of paint. I also have friends that get great results putting it on with a brush as well. Put it on let dry and put on more until you get the shine you want.

#223 408calirides

408calirides

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:50 AM

Ok so the wife is at walmart and found the PLEDGE WITH THE BOOTS on it and is bringing it home tonight. Gonna give this a shot on a test body and see how well it works :) 

For those using brushes what and pics of the one to use works best to brush it on?

#224 cchapman195

cchapman195

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 01:19 PM

Ok so the wife is at walmart and found the PLEDGE WITH THE BOOTS on it and is bringing it home tonight. Gonna give this a shot on a test body and see how well it works :)

For those using brushes what and pics of the one to use works best to brush it on?

Keep in mind I have heard that Pledge floor shine does not stick on bare plastic. I suggest you get some cheap acrylic craft paint. 59 cents for two ounces at Walmart and brush that on let dry 15 minutes or use a hairdryer then apply the pledge. Let dry. A fluffy wide brush is best. Apply in thin coat then add more thin coats each until desired shine. Then go rinse it off in the sink and repeat. Do this as many times as you want until you feel comfortable with the results.

#225 408calirides

408calirides

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 01:59 PM

Keep in mind I have heard that Pledge floor shine does not stick on bare plastic. I suggest you get some cheap acrylic craft paint. 59 cents for two ounces at Walmart and brush that on let dry 15 minutes or use a hairdryer then apply the pledge. Let dry. A fluffy wide brush is best. Apply in thin coat then add more thin coats each until desired shine. Then go rinse it off in the sink and repeat. Do this as many times as you want until you feel comfortable with the results.

the spare body is painted :), and i'll do as your info says, thanks again.

#226 408calirides

408calirides

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:35 AM

so i gave it a try and put on 3 coats and it's still dull?????

Edited by 408calirides, 16 July 2014 - 10:36 AM.

#227 cchapman195

cchapman195

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:56 PM

I don't brush it on personally but I would continue to put thin mist coats on it. Here is my tutorial in case you have not seen it. You will see how I start and it is flat and gets shinier and shinier with each coat. I do realize my video is done using an airbrush but applying it is the same layer by layer. I generally ise 1 1/2 to two ounces of floor polish before getting a shine on it. Maybe this vid will help.

#228 1hobby1

1hobby1

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Full Name:Steve Avalade

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:41 PM

Hey guys,
I recently used rust-oleum gloss enamel paint for the body. Has anyone used a wet sanding/polishing kit (3600-12000grit) while using the pledge "future" floor finish? If so did you do the wet sanding/polishing process after body paint has dried and Before applying the clear? OR applying the clear and than going threw the sanding process? I do not own an air brush so the clear coat would be applied by hand.

Thanks hopefully someone can shoot some advice my way!

Edited by 1hobby1, 25 August 2014 - 09:20 AM.

#229 jet

jet

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts
  • Full Name:David Brooks

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:03 PM

Has anyone tried a drop of Simple Green to their airbrush cup of Future for the super wet look yet?  How about placing a shoebox over car bodies to help slow drying time and help levelling?

#230 hooknladderno1

hooknladderno1

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Full Name:David Gusky

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:43 AM

Has anyone tried a drop of Simple Green to their airbrush cup of Future for the super wet look yet?  How about placing a shoebox over car bodies to help slow drying time and help levelling?

David,
I have added Simple Green to Future as mentioned on Swanny's Models website. It did a nice job! As with anything, practice on some scrap just to get a feel for how it handles...

David

Attached Files

Edited by hooknladderno1, 21 October 2014 - 12:51 AM.

#231 Jon Haigwood

Jon Haigwood

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • Full Name:Jon Haigwood

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:52 AM

whats the trick to air brushing? A lot of light coats or just keep spraying until it smooth's out?

#232 FordRodnKustom

FordRodnKustom

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Full Name:Ron Savoie

Posted 23 October 2014 - 02:05 PM

Is this stuff still available? Can't find it at any of the "Big" Marts around here.

#233 Hawk312

Hawk312

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts
  • Full Name:David Eicherly

Posted 03 November 2014 - 12:40 PM

For those who are interested, I was just able to pick up one of these Pledge bottles with the boots on them at my local Walmart. It was back in a corner with all the mops and floor cleaning supplies. This is my first time working with this or Future, and it seems to be doing what others here have said. I am using it to hold down some old decals that weren`t adhering. I was actually able to put it under the decal with a q-tip and burnish down the decal while not having any residue on the paint like you would get with white glue or clear enamel/lacquer. I am very happy about that. The decals were also very cloudy before (they are transparent over a dark color) and now the cloudiness seems to be completely gone.

Edited by Hawk312, 03 November 2014 - 12:41 PM.

#234 Doobie

Doobie

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts
  • Full Name:Dave Chivers

Posted 05 November 2014 - 02:21 PM

I read somwhere in this post about cleaning your airbrush with amonia . Will cellilose thiners clean my airbrush or is amonia the only thing you can use?

#235 John Pol

John Pol

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts
  • Full Name:John Pol

Posted 05 November 2014 - 02:49 PM

All depends on what kind of paint you use

#236 Doobie

Doobie

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts
  • Full Name:Dave Chivers

Posted 06 November 2014 - 06:29 AM

All depends on what kind of paint you use

why should that make any difference? I want to use the floor polish to clear coat . I asked can I use cellulose thinners to clean out my airbrush ,As I do not have any amonia!