Hi Paul. I wanted to leave it up to the participants to set their own personal time limit. This should allow everyone to build at their own pace and encourage everyone to challenge themselves. Out of the Box builds, partial or full on conversions, massive scratch building, insanity are welcome and highly encouraged. The provisional stipulations are:
1. Subject automobile must have competed in at least a single round of an FIA sanctioned endurance race and can be documented as such.
2. Coloration and markings should be reasonably accurate.
3. Partially begun (up to 25%) projects are acceptable.
4. All participants must check in with their intended project(s) before the start of the 2014 24 Hours of LeMans (see "countdown clock" link above)
5. Participants are responsible for posting and updating their build progress.
6. Because of the possible length and duration of this thread as well as to maintain focus and integrity, all posts by the entrants must be entirely relevant to the build and must be limited to photos or snapshots of the build in progress. Any irrelevant posts or pictures of pets while charming will be deleted. Spectators or non-participants are prohibited from posting anything in the thread. Any comments, suggestions, or assistance such as reference photos should be conducted off thread or by PM.
7. This is intended to be a fun and NON-COMPETITIVE group build with the goal of challenging oneself and achieving personal goals regardless of challenges, difficulties or setbacks.
Again, these are provisional and are open to suggestions by the participants.
BTW, here's a link to a comprehensive list of previous 24 Hours of LeMans winners. Clicking onto the winning entry's listing opens another link to photos of the actual car:
Edited by mikevillena, 29 May 2014 - 01:59 AM.