#21 Tom Geiger

Tom Geiger

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,281 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Geiger

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:41 PM

I honestly think this one would sell better if it was in white plastic and just had regular box art showing the features of the kits.  I don't know how these tie-in kits are doing in a broader retail setting, but for our hobby-focused website they aren't doing that well.  This one seems like it would just get passed over and no one would ever know about all the extra parts lurking inside.  Thanks for the review.  

The kit is aimed at the comic convention crowd and would sell pretty well there.  Same with the Elvis dune buggy and Beverley Hills Cop 2 Nova are aimed at the tv and movie memorabilia shows...  all hobbies with a bigger following than ours!

I wouldn't be surprised to see a release in white plastic with cool California custom decals.  The quality of the wheels alone deserve that!

#22 charlie8575

charlie8575

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,628 posts
  • Full Name:Charlie

Posted 19 June 2014 - 09:40 PM

I honestly think this one would sell better if it was in white plastic and just had regular box art showing the features of the kits.  I don't know how these tie-in kits are doing in a broader retail setting, but for our hobby-focused website they aren't doing that well.  This one seems like it would just get passed over and no one would ever know about all the extra parts lurking inside.  Thanks for the review.  

I tend to agree. I wouldn't be surprised if such a thing were to come down the pike.

If not, we know this is a decent kit and worth the time to build.

I'll probably do a dark blue one. For some reasons, VWs look good in dark blue to me.

Charlie Larkin

#23 Tom Geiger

Tom Geiger

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,281 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Geiger

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:02 AM

I'll probably do a dark blue one. For some reasons, VWs look good in dark blue to me.

Charlie Larkin

DSC00234-vi.jpg

I bought this one built as you see it.  I loved this blue and thought it was a nice build.

Me? Since we had a red VW of this era that's the first thing that pops into my head when asked about color. 

#24 slusher

slusher

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,437 posts
  • Full Name:carl slusher

Posted 21 June 2014 - 07:47 AM

Great review Tom...