#1 FASTBACK340

FASTBACK340

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,611 posts
  • Full Name:John V. Agugliaro

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:36 AM

This got flat bedded in yesterday. The owner cranked it over and it locked-up. Pulled the plugs & coolant drained out of #5……  Engine is coming out. It's a stroker 383 w/ BDS 2X4 bbl., Jericho 5 spd., 4-link rear. Aside from the color (in my opinion…) the car is drop-dead gorgeous.

Image13-vi.jpg

Image14-vi.jpg

Image15-vi.jpg

Image3-vi.jpg

#2 FASTBACK340

FASTBACK340

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,611 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:44 AM

This is getting final details for delivery next weekend. This family was broad-sided by a stop sign runner. We brought it back to life. The guys in our metal shop can rebuild or fabricate just about anything. The car owner bought a rust-free shell from the mid-west as a donor car. The metal guys said the donor car was better than the wreck they repaired. On final assembly I had to swap the un-broken vent window out of the damaged door as it had sentimental value. The father used to race it at the long-gone Island Dragway and he had a class winner sticker.

Before:

IMG_0420-vi.jpg

After:

Image11-vi.jpg

#3 FASTBACK340

FASTBACK340

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,611 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:47 AM

Here's another one going home this week. I've posted pictures of this going together and here she is almost finished.

Image-vi.jpg

Image12-vi.jpg

#4 slusher

slusher

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,025 posts
  • Full Name:carl slusher

Posted 04 July 2014 - 04:50 AM

Great looking muscle cars. Real nice save on the GTX...

#5 crazyjim

crazyjim

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,850 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 04:53 AM

Makes my mouth water.  Nice rides.

#6 hgbben

hgbben

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Full Name:Ben Barth

Posted 05 July 2014 - 01:30 AM

Jealousy is a stinky cologne and I can't wear it well

#7 FASTBACK340

FASTBACK340

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,611 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 03:00 AM

Jealousy is a stinky cologne and I can't wear it well

Don't intend to offend, just want to share. I'm fortunate to be in a position to supply the type of intricate detail shots I hope you guys would enjoy. Granted, I spent 35 yrs. working in new-car service departments where it was all rape & pillage, but here it's almost like a reward for not killing all those idiot managers and frustrating co-workers. Yes, I know I'm incredibly fortunate to do this for a living, but I still want others to see the cool stuff out there. Especially the really out-there stuff, like the big block Chevy powered `69 Dodge Charger I got road-worthy this week. Nothing pretty, but a solid 9+ on the weird meter.

Again, when some really neat stuff pops up, I'm going to share. After all, we're all car-people here, right?  B)

#8 blunc

blunc

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • Full Name:mike cassidy

Posted 05 July 2014 - 06:11 PM

keep posting the good stuff John, for all we know Ben may be a bot...I got no idea what his post is supposed to mean in this thread.

#9 The70judgeman

The70judgeman

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts
  • Full Name:Andy Shoberg

Posted 06 July 2014 - 08:59 AM

I just wish I could afford a project car to tinker with. Fantastic work! Thanks for sharing John! Really great stuff you're showing.

#10 hgbben

hgbben

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Full Name:Ben Barth

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:30 PM

Don't intend to offend, just want to share. I'm fortunate to be in a position to supply the type of intricate detail shots I hope you guys would enjoy. Granted, I spent 35 yrs. working in new-car service departments where it was all rape & pillage, but here it's almost like a reward for not killing all those idiot managers and frustrating co-workers. Yes, I know I'm incredibly fortunate to do this for a living, but I still want others to see the cool stuff out there. Especially the really out-there stuff, like the big block Chevy powered `69 Dodge Charger I got road-worthy this week. Nothing pretty, but a solid 9+ on the weird meter.

Again, when some really neat stuff pops up, I'm going to share. After all, we're all car-people here, right?  B)

Not trying to offend you one bit.

What I mean with that post is that i'm jealous of the really great things you get to do on a daily basis. I'm really glad things have fallen into place for you. By all means keep these posts coming. I'm waiting. B)

#11 FASTBACK340

FASTBACK340

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,611 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:49 PM

I think a co-worker has a short video of that big-block Chevy/Charger being driven for the first time in 8 years.

I'll get back to you.  ;)

#12 blunc

blunc

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • Full Name:mike cassidy

Posted 06 July 2014 - 05:25 PM

I think a co-worker has a short video of that big-block Chevy/Charger being driven for the first time in 8 years.

I'll get back to you.  ;)

I think that Chevy/Charger owner might have a personality disorder.  :wacko: