#1 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,370 posts
  • Full Name:A mere layman...

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:08 AM

Well, technically i saw these on the 4th... three Corvair Monza convertibles driving down I-57 caravan-style. I can't remember the last time I saw a Corvair on the road. Also saw a Lamborghini Diablo on the way home... in the lane right next to me. Bright yellow. And a Tesla... first one I have ever seen in real life. A beautiful car!

And just this morning on the road, a '66 or '67 Charger (can't tell from seeing just the outside). Again... what a beautiful car!  B)

#2 cobraman

cobraman

Crazy 'bout Cobras!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,027 posts
  • Full Name:Ray Kurn

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:12 AM

That's cool. I wish you could have snapped a photo of the Corvair's . I had a 67 Monza several years ago and it was a pretty cool little car.

#3 MrObsessive

MrObsessive

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,855 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:18 AM

Passed a 1968 Chevelle Malibu two door hardtop on I-81 south in the Chambersburg, PA area yesterday. It was VERY clean with not a spot of rust on it, although I thought the front end sat up a bit high. It was a nice shade of red with a black interior, and nary a bit of smoke was coming out of the tailpipe. I wish I could've taken a pic, but I'm not good at that sort of thing while trying to drive.

Yeah, it's been a long while Harry since I've seen a Corvair running down the road. It's funny how time will change the landscape of cars on the road. When I was a kid, those things were EVERYWHERE! :D

#4 gtx6970

gtx6970

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,921 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Allphin

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:31 AM

There is a red 1968 GTO, i see on a pretty regular basis. Last week I saw a blue 1968 Camaro, I see it out every so often 

But I had this one out for a little drive yesterday does that count.

Customers car ,,he is coming in next week to drive it the 5 hours home.

10462865_746305395428514_767822696955661

#5 Bobdude

Bobdude

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Full Name:Bob Dudek

Posted 06 July 2014 - 08:14 AM

Today there was a black primered 1965 Griffith 200 from TVR.

#6 Mike Kucaba

Mike Kucaba

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,121 posts
  • Full Name:Michael J Kucaba

Posted 06 July 2014 - 08:14 AM

I saw a dead skunk in the middle of the road stinking to high heaven :D

#7 Danno

Danno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,713 posts
  • Full Name:Nameless Natural Luminary

Posted 06 July 2014 - 08:48 AM

!

#8 Dale W. Verts

Dale W. Verts

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Full Name:D.W. Verts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 08:51 AM

"Feel it in your Olfactory!"

Was going down I-70 in mid- MO Friday, headed East. In the West-bound lanes there comes a caravan of Manx-style VW buggies (which I love), six or seven of them. All sparkling metalflake and chrome, all different colors, like motorized candy. Would have loved to met up with them at a truck stop somewhere.

Dale

#9 unclescott58

unclescott58

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,103 posts
  • Full Name:R. Scott Aho

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:16 AM

Saw my first Tesla sedan on the road a couple of weeks ago. I'm not a big fan of modern cars. But, I liked the looks of the Tesla. Very nice looking car.

Scott

#10 JohnU

JohnU

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Full Name:John Urminski

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:48 AM

Got a Tesla charging station in my neighborhood. Funny, don't see too many cars though!

Edited by JohnU, 06 July 2014 - 10:50 AM.

#11 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,227 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:19 AM

Saw my first Tesla sedan on the road a couple of weeks ago. I'm not a big fan of modern cars. But, I liked the looks of the Tesla. Very nice looking car.

Scott

Seen one about a week ago as well

Got a Tesla charging station in my neighborhood. Funny, don't see too many cars though!

Not really when you take into consideration how much they cost , the S model starts at $69,900, and can go as high as $93,400

#12 sjordan2

sjordan2

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,735 posts
  • Full Name:Skip Jordan

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:31 AM

Perfect silver & black long-wheelbase Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud Series III. In Knoxville, it could only be a limo for hire.

#13 Brett Barrow

Brett Barrow

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,267 posts
  • Full Name:Genius billionaire playboy philanthropist Brett M. Barrow, Esq.

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:34 AM

There are 2 Corvairs locally I see on the road pretty often. One is nicely restored, red and seems to be a show car, the other is a little rougher, white and appears to be a daily driver.

#14 Ace-Garageguy

Ace-Garageguy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,179 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Engwer

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:43 AM

A newish Bentley convertible parked in front of the restaurant in Buckhead where a friend works. Also a Bentley Continental coupe being accelerated hard (!!), on the way back from Buckhead. New Jag XJ (and I had absolutely no clue as to what it was, assumed it was a Maserati until I saw the kitty on the boot), and a Maserati Quattroporte.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy, 06 July 2014 - 11:44 AM.

#15 jbwelda

jbwelda

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts
  • Full Name:William Just

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:56 AM

living in California I bet I have the greatest assortment of kool metal driving by every day. this morning going to have coffee in walnut grove California, saw at least 2 32 Ford rods, a number of vintage BMW and Mercedes cars at their usual spot, the exotic auto mechanic (this is in a town of about 300 people mind you), plus about 150 loudazz motorcycles of various description of hardly worthitson.

today was a quiet day. no California Mille nor major exotic car runs that I saw. but I was only out for a couple hours. most weeks there are lines of everything from miatas to vettes to pt cruisers to maseratis out here, one place or another.

I have often thought about trying to take and post photos of just what runs around here, on a normal and consistent basis. that's not even including the various locals cars like one guys what appears to be 40 Ford flatbed pickup, that has gone through many changes in the past decade. Yesterday I saw a midnight blue Willys coupe, sounded totally raced out, that was really nice. just another car going down the river road...

I could probably make a post a week that would blow many people away, especially if you didn't live in car-saturated California. rat rods, hot rods, custom cruisers, lowriders, exotics, both new and vintage, and certainly plenty of motorcycles of all descriptions.

jb

#16 ToyLvr

ToyLvr

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Adams

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:58 AM

That's cool. I wish you could have snapped a photo of the Corvair's . I had a 67 Monza several years ago and it was a pretty cool little car.

Ray:

Modelhaus is now offering a resin kit of a '67 Corvair 4-door. I bought one; it's really nice.

#17 cobraman

cobraman

Crazy 'bout Cobras!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,027 posts
  • Full Name:Ray Kurn

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:08 PM

Curbside ?

#18 Joe Handley

Joe Handley

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,954 posts
  • Full Name:Billy Joe

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:09 PM

Passed a deer in not much better of shape (looked fresh) on my way home from work tonight.

Other than that, a new Tesla I haven't seen before, a couple SRT Jeeps, a G8, and some late model Camaros, that's it.

#19 slusher

slusher

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,401 posts
  • Full Name:carl slusher

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:18 PM

There was a Tesla in the Garage where I stayed on Vacation in Gatlinburg. Beautiful dark silver...

#20 Joe Handley

Joe Handley

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,954 posts
  • Full Name:Billy Joe

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:58 PM

Seen one about a week ago as well
Not really when you take into consideration how much they cost , the S model starts at $69,900, and can go as high as $93,400

Depends on where you're at, I've seen several around work, but considering the wealth around that area, it's not a shock. Kinda surprised that there aren't more using that Supercharger station could be that they do have a good range, even with the little battery for any of the more locally owned cars that charge at home.