Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,870 posts
  • Full Name:A mere layman...

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:13 PM

For real?

I really struggled with this kit in a big way. I'm not certain that there were any parts in the entire kit that weren't warped. 

Don't know what to tell you. I haven't seen any of those issues except a warped fender on one kit,. And once you glue everything together, basically it takes care of itself.

#82 clovis

clovis

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • Full Name:Jeff Jackson

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:25 PM

Don't know what to tell you. I haven't seen any of those issues except a warped fender on one kit,. And once you glue everything together, basically it takes care of itself.

On this kit, the cab, frame, and the fender/body assembly was warped badly. The wheels were a nightmare! The two part hood wouldn't fit, and neither did the radiator assembly. 90% of the sprues were warped too.

Maybe I got a bad kit...I sincerely thought about giving up on it multiple times. It is a good think that we built a rusty junker, and didn't try to build a nice shiny example!

If you ever build another one of these kits, I'd LOVE to see you do a tutorial on it!!!   

#83 clovis

clovis

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • Full Name:Jeff Jackson

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:29 PM

Also, Harry, did you cut the wide plastic strips holding the two sides of the fenders (on the fender frame assembly), before attaching the fenders to the frame?

I almost removed those wide strips, but then chickened out. My skills are improving, but I was too worried to try it on this build.