So I picked up this old beat up Ferrari from Hotwheels and decided to make it do justice to the real car.
The first thing I addressed was the interior. It was molded in some sort of ugly grey and everything was awfully glued together. It took quite a bit of muscle to pray it all apart.
Interior was washed, painted and then flocked. Details were added and wrapped in BMF.
Seats were some sort of gooey rubber in ugly two tone grey. I decided to also turn them into Daytona style seats. So 72 strips of styrene were measured, cut and their edges were rounded. Then they got arranged on top of the seat centers.
Then I drilled 92 holes into the strips.
Now I will have to clean them up a little and make beautiful molds from them, so I can reproduce them in resin. The main reason for this is that this rubber material is impossible to paint properly.
Edited by mrm, 10 July 2014 - 10:39 PM.