Model Cars Magazine Forum

tamiya rc semi ?

Nice pics and thanks for the info...this may sound like a stupid question but How long would it take to build one of these and does anyone know if theres any aftermarket cabs available

Not very difficult to build if you are competent with model kits. There are quite of few aftermarket accessories. Most are from Europe and Japan.

James both the Globeliner and the Kinghauler are gineric trucks. Ive made my king hauler into a Kenworth W900 if you search for R/C kenworth w900 you should be able to find some pics of it. Im also scratchbuilding a Mack R700 L there are some pics of that on here somwhere too . They do get very expensive though, Ive put over £1000 :o in to my rig and its still not finished . Which ever one you deside to get a you will soon descover that they are both to short ,most people get new longer chassis rails and a longer driveshaft. You will need a transmiter/resever and two servos to get a truck up and running .You can get a light and sound unit called a Multi Funtion Unit (MFU) plus there is a lighting kit for the trailers too . There is a lot of R/C rigs on this site www

.r/ctruckandconstrution.com . Lots of venders and help there too. I hope this helps you a bit if you need more help PM me ;)

Dave B)

Where would the best place to find those parts?

• 2 months later...