This is a really cool build,hang in bro.Your doing a great job...
1969 Dodge Charger Daytona - 426 Hemi, Torqueflite 727 Automatic, T5 Fire Bronze
Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:56 PM
"Exhaust note normal, oil pressure stable, doctor." 'Ok, let's start this operation"
I have begun surgery on the front end. I masked off the rest of the body, using a trick I learned from Star Trek models to prevent as many "tape-lines" as possible. I then started out with 600 grit sandpaper to get everything down level, then, using a Q-Tip and water to dampen the surface, I worked my way up to 2000 grit to smooth it all out. I then primed the area with Tamiya Surface Primer (bottled stuff).
I then repainted the area body color and let it dry. I pulled the tape and volia! Good as new! I got a very faint tape-line down the side of the fender, near the bottom, but it's not that big of an issue to me. I am surprised I had this much success with the repair anyways. This photo was taken before I re-applied the clear coat, so you may see a very slight color difference. Now, in person with clear on it, you can't tell the difference.
She now sits on all-fours! I now wish I had went with the race spindles in the kit, but I'm not ripping the suspension back out to replace them.
I think the next update will be finishing her up!
Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:03 PM
Wow that really came together! Great job on the re-paint, doc!
Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:49 PM
The body work came out perfect Brandon! The re-paint blends right in.
Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:44 AM
Nice save on the front right fender there, I knew with a little patience you'd be able to turn it around. Great job bud.
Looks slick on all 4's
Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:12 PM
Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:40 PM
I think it's time to crank over that HEMI and let this bird fly! She's done! This is by far my best build yet, and with the issues I ran into I can say that I am extremely satisfied with the turnout of this model. It almost seems like I could jump in and go!
You may see more pictures in the Under Glass thread!
Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:31 PM
Great job! Looks like you got that nose to fit nicely, mine was a bit troublesome. I remember it requiring lots of foil too.
Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:39 AM
Well done! Nice save on the paint miss-hap.