#261 Aaronw

Aaronw

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,581 posts
  • Full Name:Aaron

Posted 03 November 2014 - 10:55 AM

Maybe I missed it, or November isn't 4th quarter, but does anyone know the source of the 1/24 Bentley Blower listed as a November release? I assume it is the Heller kit but I'm not aware of Revell and Heller sharing molds. Not aware of any 1/24 Bentley kits other than the Heller, and doubt it is a new tool.

#262 Luc Janssens

Luc Janssens

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 11:29 AM

Maybe I missed it, or November isn't 4th quarter, but does anyone know the source of the 1/24 Bentley Blower listed as a November release? I assume it is the Heller kit but I'm not aware of Revell and Heller sharing molds. Not aware of any 1/24 Bentley kits other than the Heller, and doubt it is a new tool.

Bentley....

http://www.modellver...el.php?id=10149

Photo courtesy from Modellversium

10149-deckel.jpg

#263 Paul H

Paul H

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Full Name:Paul Harker

Posted 03 November 2014 - 11:44 AM

That Bentley is indeed the old Heller kit.  The decal sheet from the Revell version looks to be more comprehensive than how I remember the Heller one to be though.  If anyone would like confirmation, I can dig out my Heller release to double check.

Oh, and in case anyone is put off by it being from Heller, don't be!  Whilst they are quite old tooling now, the series that this Bentley kit is from were pretty good.  The two that I have built (Merc 500K and Bugatti T50) were the third and fourth models that I built when I first took up this hobby, and they turned out very nicely.  As a result, I'm looking forward to building the Bentley when I have the time!

Edited by Paul H, 03 November 2014 - 11:45 AM.

#264 Aaronw

Aaronw

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,581 posts
  • Full Name:Aaron

Posted 03 November 2014 - 02:13 PM

Cool, thanks. Looking at the timeline for that kit, it does look like Revell - Heller cooperation is a new thing. The only company I knew of that had re-boxed Heller kits was Airfix while they were both under the same parent company. Hope this means we might start to see more of the Heller kits that haven't been issued for a while.

Paul, agree on Heller kits. Like most old companies they have some clunker kits, but they also have some really nice ones. I have one of the earlier boxings of this kit and it looks pretty nice, with a lot of fine detail.

#265 niteowl7710

niteowl7710

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts
  • Full Name:Doing the grunt work so the U.S. Postal Service can deliver your mail.

Posted 03 November 2014 - 05:42 PM

Revell has repackaged the Heller Bentley at least twice since the 1980s. It's usually a good 15 years or so between "reissues".

Heller is a fully functional company again being bought out of receivership a few years ago. They've quietly been reissuing several of their "Big C" classic car kits with next to no notice of anyone on this side of the Atlantic.

Edited by niteowl7710, 03 November 2014 - 05:45 PM.

#266 blackandwhite

blackandwhite

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Full Name:Rob Wright

Posted 03 November 2014 - 07:28 PM

from what I was told at my LHS, the revell integra is due out in late december with new(and uglier imo) box art. Seem's to have some new decals and wheels 

#267 Dave Van

Dave Van

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 04:27 AM

There is a new Revell list out there......57 Ford Wagon one on it......check it out!

#268 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,319 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 04 November 2014 - 06:01 AM

from what I was told at my LHS, the revell integra is due out in late december with new(and uglier imo) box art. Seem's to have some new decals and wheels 

I think the wheels are unchanged, as IIRC there were three sets of wheels inside this kit.

http://www2.gpmd.com...r/lrmxs4311.jpglrmxs4311.jpg

#269 Bob Ellis

Bob Ellis

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts
  • Full Name:Bob Ellis

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:20 AM

Dave Van, where is this '57 Ford wagon?

#270 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,191 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:43 AM

Dave Van, where is this '57 Ford wagon?

see the Revell 1st quarter 2015 thread.

#271 Paul H

Paul H

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Full Name:Paul Harker

Posted 04 November 2014 - 10:23 AM

Cool, thanks. Looking at the timeline for that kit, it does look like Revell - Heller cooperation is a new thing. The only company I knew of that had re-boxed Heller kits was Airfix while they were both under the same parent company. Hope this means we might start to see more of the Heller kits that haven't been issued for a while.

Paul, agree on Heller kits. Like most old companies they have some clunker kits, but they also have some really nice ones. I have one of the earlier boxings of this kit and it looks pretty nice, with a lot of fine detail.

I have most of their older stuff waiting to be built, and reckon that they all look pretty good - if anyone would like further details, I can take some pics.  In addition to the mostly French classic / vintage European cars (most of which have not been kitted by other companies) it is worth noting that they also produced full detail kits of the Jaguar E Type / XKE.  These roadster and coupe versions are vastly superior to either of the Revell / Monogram kits of the Jag, in detail and accuracy - would be fantastic if those were to be re-released too!!

Edited by Paul H, 04 November 2014 - 10:27 AM.