So we finally get a Starsky and Hutch Torino, How about series of TV kits ?

• You cannot reply to this topic
156 replies to this topic

#141 bisc63

bisc63

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Full Name:Rusty Shackleford

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:32 PM

Oh, more on topic, about any of the cars from "Bewitched" over its run could be cool.I know Darren drove a convertible, either Camaro or Chevelle, and I believe Larry Tate drove an Impala convertible.

#142 unclescott58

unclescott58

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • Full Name:R. Scott Aho

Posted 06 August 2014 - 01:53 AM

Oh, more on topic, about any of the cars from "Bewitched" over its run could be cool.I know Darren drove a convertible, either Camaro or Chevelle, and I believe Larry Tate drove an Impala convertible.

Larry Tate drove Corvettes in a lot of episodes.

Scott

#143 Tom Geiger

Tom Geiger

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,078 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Geiger

Posted 06 August 2014 - 06:40 AM

"My sister and I get each other prank presents.  One year she gave me a pair of Barbie size man dolls that she got at the Dollar Store.  One was white, the other black... but they had faces like mean felons.  Little kids would be afraid of these dolls. We couldn't stop laughing.   Figure that this was some Chinese designer's idea of what Americans looked like."  

Sounds hilarious - my friends and I enjoy browsing places like that for the misfit toys! C'mon - pictures, man!!

Sorry to say these are long gone.  Otherwise I would've included photos....  they'd make good Barbie community mug shots!

#144 bbowser

bbowser

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,286 posts
  • Full Name:Bruce Bowser

Posted 06 August 2014 - 08:35 AM

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet but how about a Volvo P1800 from The Saint?

That would be cool!  How about Patrick Jane's Citroen from "The Mentalist"?  Quirky, non?

#145 English Jules

English Jules

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Full Name:Julian Hales

Posted 06 August 2014 - 02:47 PM

I would love to see some models of the cars the guys drive on british top gear greatest show ever

Its popular all over the world, had been filmed in my local city for some parts.

Anyway whats that about the Revell Crown Vic snap tite?  seems a total waste of time, esp as the Lindberg is still around

a 74 Monaco like seen on CHiPs etc would be nice

#146 Goose1957

Goose1957

Looker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Full Name:Jeff Herrman

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:13 PM

The Winchester boys Chevy would be nice.

+10 on this! Dean Winchester's 1967 Impala from Supernatural would be killer. Just make sure it's 4 door, has the correct wheels, and a false trunk full of weapons!
Also, I'd like to see Jon Voight's LeBaron from Seinfelt, complete with teeth marks. Or maybe Krammer's Caprice with the... ahem..."buttman" license plate on it. Lol.
See ya at the finish line,
Jeff

#147 charlie8575

charlie8575

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,612 posts
  • Full Name:Charlie

Posted 06 August 2014 - 08:59 PM

How about a Checker cab like those seen in Taxi and so many other TV shows? Naturally, I'd want one that could be built as a stock non taxi/Maraton version also.

Scott

I'd seriously buy a fleet of those.

Charlie Larkin

#148 charlie8575

charlie8575

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,612 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:03 PM

In an old episode of "Secret Agent" with Patrick McGoohan he was being driven in an early 50s SAAB 92. I would love a kit of that. I expect the silence to be deafening regarding that wish!

I'd buy one just because it's weird. I like the 96s, too, I'd love to see a 96 wagon.

Charlie Larkin

#149 charlie8575

charlie8575

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,612 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:05 PM

Great news to hear that we will be getting a Starsky and Hutch Torino eventually, I thought that we would have had one years ago!!
On the subject of cars we would like to see released, I remember watching a series called 'Due South' and the one character drove a green '71Buick Boattail Riviera. That one would probably sell I think. And what about any 80's four door sedan, Ford LTD, Chevrolet Caprice/Impala, Dodge St Regis/Diplomat? Most were used in police series in one form or another so a few of them would be nice.

All of the above.

And I'd like a P1800, too. Beautiful car.

Charlie Larkin

#150 MyBradKeselowski

MyBradKeselowski

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts
  • Full Name:Steve Foote

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:18 PM

Krammer had a 73 Impala not a Caprice, until later episodes then he had a 87-90 Caprice.

#151 Goose1957

Goose1957

Looker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Full Name:Jeff Herrman

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:14 AM

Thanks for the correction. I was going off memory a couldn't remember which car was which. Maybe even Neuman's mail van with JFK's beat up golf clubs in it.
Jeff

#152 1/24DragAndStreetCars

1/24DragAndStreetCars

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Full Name:Joseph Pettus

Posted 08 August 2014 - 04:22 AM

Heres my list of cars:

Bullit mustang "elanor", and Charger

JOE DIRTS so called "Hemi" (it is a hemi but its a roadrunner) and his daytona

American Graffitis pretty much all of the goodies!

Snake and Mongoose haulers and cars

and pretty much all the cars in the movie "Winged Warriors" coming out! Nascar 'Bird and Daytona time!

#153 Old Nasty

Old Nasty

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Full Name:Steve Barta

Posted 09 August 2014 - 05:46 AM

If anyone remembers a show called "Ironside" with Raymond Burr, he was in a wheelchair & had an old '40's paddy wagon set up for him to travel around in.  I don't recall the make but it was pretty cool.  If we're talking movie cars; "Jeepers Creepers" '41 (?) chevy cabover straight truck or "The Car" custom Lincoln Continental by Barris.  

Edited by Old Nasty, 09 August 2014 - 05:58 AM.

#154 unclescott58

unclescott58

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 06:29 AM

If anyone remembers a show called "Ironside" with Raymond Burr, he was in a wheelchair & had an old '40's paddy wagon set up for him to travel around in.  I don't recall the make but it was pretty cool.  If we're talking movie cars; "Jeepers Creepers" '41 (?) chevy cabover straight truck or "The Car" custom Lincoln Continental by Barris.

The only vehicle I remember from Ironside was the Ford van, which was offered as a kit by MPC back in the day.

Scott

#155 Old Nasty

Old Nasty

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Full Name:Steve Barta

Posted 09 August 2014 - 08:35 AM

The only vehicle I remember from Ironside was the Ford van, which was offered as a kit by MPC back in the day.

Scott

i325058.jpg

Edited by Old Nasty, 09 August 2014 - 08:40 AM.

#156 charlie8575

charlie8575

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,612 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 09:18 AM

I agree, the paddy wagon would be pretty cool, especially with options to build either an as-intended vehicle or modified into Ironside's rolling office with the phone, desk, lift and what I remember seeing in the premier movie as the mechanic describing as a "supercharged" V8- quite possible a Y-block or FE with a blower ended up being installed.

It was wrecked about season 2 or 3, and then he got the Econoline.

Charlie Larkin

#157 unclescott58

unclescott58

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:39 PM

i325058.jpg

I don't remember that. But, you looking at an early 40's Ford truck from the front end.

Scott