#1 Mackvision

Mackvision

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Full Name:Mark a. wright

Posted 17 August 2014 - 02:22 AM

Just wondered if anyone has tried/used the rivet decals from Micro-Mark? if so,what are your impressions? I am going to be building a trailer in the near future that's gonna need a TON of them! just curious to know how well they apply,and can they be painted over without the carrier film showing up?...........................................Mark

#2 Mr mopar

Mr mopar

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  • Full Name:Doug Spencer

Posted 17 August 2014 - 02:27 AM

Mark I have used them be for and there Awesome, just make sure you use them on a gloss surface they don't stick to flat painted.

Archer has some nice one's too.

#3 Mackvision

Mackvision

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 02:58 AM

Doug,what scale size did you use? I have seen them in many different scales,i thought I might try them on the AMT White-Freightliner cab,that roof seam is near impossible to get right!.........................................Mark

#4 Superpeterbilt

Superpeterbilt

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • Full Name:Terry Hymel

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:34 AM

I have used the Archer HO guage rivets to replace the rivets on the Pete 352. I couldnt be happier. The sheet has differently spaced rows, so its easy to replicate the particular pattern.

#5 Mr mopar

Mr mopar

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  • Full Name:Doug Spencer

Posted 17 August 2014 - 02:49 PM

Mark I used micro Mark HO size for 1/25 scale trucks.

#6 Mackvision

Mackvision

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:50 AM

Thanks guys,i was thinking the HO size,but for some reason I thought they would appear too small for a 1/24 or 1/25 scale vehicle.................................................Mark

#7 kevjoh

kevjoh

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 07:48 PM

Check out Titchy Train Group, HO scale, NWB & riverts, they come in plastic,from memory 20 to a card. I think I got the .030 size, I just sent him a sample [KW sleeper door] and asked him matct and send.

As well as riverts there's bolts,washers, hex head bolts etc. gave me excellent service, to Australia.

You mention that you're going to need a ton of them, good luck drilling all the holes in a straight line to fit the riverts into