#41 Sixx

Sixx

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts
  • Full Name:Derrick Six

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:08 AM

Holy cow! I thought your Henry J was a killer, then I saw this...It knocked me right out of my chair!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome!

#42 Codi

Codi

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Full Name:Tim Hoagland

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:24 AM

Hi Guys,

For Bob (theHobbyGuy) - The FORD script on those v.covers were cast in the resin valve covers I used.  I don't remember where I got them. The breathers were detailed and the covers I drilled and added cap head screws from RB. I removed the flange and added a new one as the resin one wasn't straight/clean enough unfortunately.  They were painted modelmaster Magnesium and the plug tubes are stainless steel tube that I painted flat black.

Roger - I spend probably 20% of my time on a build just doing research/planning.  It helps before I get into the weeds. I'm a Ford guy through and through and I know it's blasphemy to do what I did......but I always had a fond spot for the Willys......I'm sure some of you are thinking why didn't I just build a 34' Ford or something similar in the first place.....I know it crossed my mind at times. 

To Mike, Ron, Glenn, Nick, Andy, Harry, Jesse, Jim, Bob, Dominik, Karsten, Derrick and anyone I missed, THANK YOU again for the sentiments. They truly made me smile.  It took me too long to join the forum and I regret not having joined sooner.  Look for future postings of other builds soon.

Cheers,

Tim

#43 Helix

Helix

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts
  • Full Name:Ray Hincks

Posted 18 August 2014 - 12:59 PM

Tim, this is really impressive mate, congratulations ;)  B) 

#44 Chris White

Chris White

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,129 posts
  • Full Name:Chris White

Posted 18 August 2014 - 02:00 PM

that's what I call perfect

#45 1 bad55 stan

1 bad55 stan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts
  • Full Name:stan ponting

Posted 18 August 2014 - 02:58 PM

I carn't really add to whats been said,like your mustang its perfect!!!!

#46 Danno

Danno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,099 posts
  • Full Name:Nameless Natural Luminary

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:36 PM

Spectacular!

#47 10thumbs

10thumbs

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • Full Name:Michael Dalton

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:05 PM

Tim,

Thanks for the info.  I have yet another question.  I've been in Germany for so many years that I can only relate to size measurements in metric system.

The nuts and bolts you used on the front suspension, could you tell me the size you used so that I could order the correct parts?

I'll be studying this build for a long time.  I don't plan on ever attempting your kind of detailing, but I would like to spruce up a few elements in our model kits, especially hot rods.

Thanks in advance,

Michael

#48 Jeremy Jon

Jeremy Jon

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Full Name:Jeremy Jon

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:09 PM

Fantastic & super clean, bravo Codi, a real piece of artwork you've made!

#49 Codi

Codi

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:20 PM

Hi again guys, 

Can't tell you how pleased I am that you like the build. The cars been on my shelf for almost a year and it's been great to share it with you.

I did want to answer Michaels question on the nuts/bolts for the front suspension.  I used a combination of 1mm T2M bolts and ScaleHardwares .5mm threaded nuts/bolts.  You'll have to check out T2M's offerings and pick the one that's best for your particular car. They have a decent selection but I can only get them from BNA Models out of Australia. The tiniest bolts I have found/sourced are the .5mm threaded ones and they work well on 1/25th scale. There is not a tool in the world that holds them since they're so tiny..at least I haven't found one yet but I can offer this tip when securing them.  I hold the head of the bolt with small tweezer/pliers and put the threaded nut on the tip of a scribe.  I have one that has just the right thickness where half of the tiny nuts threads are not covered up and I hold it against the end of the bolt while turning the bolt head. Once I have it on a few turns, I take my tweezers and carefully thread down the nut.  Sounds goofy I know but after MUCH trial and effort and lost bolts I found it is very effective.

Cheers to all,

Tim

#50 1930fordpickup

1930fordpickup

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,538 posts
  • Full Name:Andy Lemble

Posted 19 August 2014 - 06:42 AM

Tim If they sell socket head cap screws find one that has the right hex inside and just turn that around for a nutdriver. 

#51 crazyrichard

crazyrichard

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,063 posts
  • Full Name:richard gelens

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:11 AM

omg !! whouw !! thats stunning

#52 johnz

johnz

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Full Name:john z nichols

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:23 AM

just incredible!your work is amazing

#53 Codi

Codi

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 01:43 PM

Guys, I want to thank you too for the time you took to post your comments on the build. I really appreciate Andy Lembles idea for a scratchbuilt mini wrench for tiny bolts..his idea WILL work and I already have it figured out how to make the tool using a ProTech caphead  screw and stainless steel tubing.  I'll make one and post it for all of you to consider.  Great idea Andy as I had to laugh at myself that it was so obvious but I never considered it.  Thanks again.

Cheers,

Tim

#54 Brandriet16

Brandriet16

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Full Name:Austin Brandriet

Posted 19 August 2014 - 03:06 PM

That is absolutely spectacular!!!

#55 Scott Colmer

Scott Colmer

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:07 PM

Wow. I am just blown away. We definitely have a new player here. I'll be looking for more of your threads. Amazing work!

Scott

#56 DR Dubois

DR Dubois

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:23 PM

Simply amazing!!

#57 Codi

Codi

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:06 AM

Hi, 

I wanted to post 2 pics of what I'm calling the "Lemble Micro Wrench" designed specifically to get .5mm micro nuts & bolts started.  I used R.B.Motion .055 socket head cap screws and glued them into 1.2mm stainless steel tube (used loctite gel).  The neat part is you can chuck it into your pin vice and make any length you need quickly and cleanly.  The tube can also fit into the bent 3/32" brass tube you see for those hard to reach spots. Great idea and I can verify it works. A big thanks to Andy Lemble....he'll probably have a site up and be selling them in a few days. :)   Thank you again for your comments. Tim

_5mmwrench001-vi.jpg

_5mmwrench006-vi.jpg

#58 Nacho Z

Nacho Z

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts
  • Full Name:John Brolin

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:18 AM

Ridiculous!, (and thats a GOOD thing....lol).  This beauty is over the top.  Very, very nice.

#59 1930fordpickup

1930fordpickup

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,538 posts
  • Full Name:Andy Lemble

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:40 AM

Thank you Tim, but this is my dad's idea (same last name). He will enjoy that I have shared this.  Having 11 kids makes you find a cheap alternative. Works for all sizes not just micro stuff. I do like the name. 

#60 ningoth4

ningoth4

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Full Name:Kevin Foureman

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:05 AM

Absolutely fantastic and professional quality workmanship!!! Even the pics have it looking like a real car and not a model. 

Kevin