#102 Davemodeltech

Davemodeltech

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • Full Name:Dave Battista

Posted 12 October 2014 - 02:32 PM

Epic. The finish and attention to detail is amazing.

EPIC INDEED....!

Beautiful work ...!

#103 pharr7226

pharr7226

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts
  • Full Name:Rick

Posted 12 October 2014 - 05:38 PM

Wow! That is gorgeous! What a great piece of engineering and model building. Kudos!

X2

#104 comp1839

comp1839

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
  • Full Name:dave smith

Posted 13 October 2014 - 10:38 AM

tim, simply a gorgeous build!!!  so i have to ask. what was your favorite part to build on this car?

just beautiful!

#105 Codi

Codi

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • Full Name:Tim Hoagland

Posted 14 October 2014 - 12:46 PM

Hi Dave, wIthout a doubt my favorite part of this build was the engineering & fabbing of the entire chassis and drivetrain.  The fun is having a vision and then bringing it to life.  Just like your models and for that matter, your 1:1 37' Chevy.   Thanks again for giving me the opportunity to see them personally. 

Cheers,

Tim

#106 1hobby1

1hobby1

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Full Name:Steve Avalade

Posted 14 October 2014 - 04:58 PM

Unbelievable how great this model is.

#107 Bill Edman

Bill Edman

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Edman

Posted 14 October 2014 - 08:14 PM

very cool

#108 jerseyjunker1

jerseyjunker1

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • Full Name:Manny Solano

Posted 16 January 2015 - 06:48 PM

GOOD GOD. that's so great i think that's all i can say about it. just freakin great. B) B) B)

#109 BDSchindler

BDSchindler

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Full Name:Brian Schindler

Posted 16 January 2015 - 07:24 PM

Tim...I am another one who just re-entered the hobby after some 40+ years out of it.  When married life turned to being a husband and father, I hung up the tools and turned to diecast to keep the automotive fires burning.  I also wrote for Toy Cars and Models Magazine as well as the utterly mismanaged, now out-of-business, The Car Room Magazine.  I have met a lot of good friends in the diecast business who worked for The Danbury Mint and Franklin Mint that are master modelers as well as former diecast designers.

Detail like this is rarely seen in diecast and certainly hits the upper 5% of anything I have ever seen.  In fact, your builds come very close to what is produced by Marshall Buck from CMA Models!!!!

I saw the feature article in Model Cars Magazine that landed in my mailbox yesterday and when I saw the pictures of just the rear end...I suddenly realized I needed to throw my shorts in the trash (again! :blink: ).

Outstanding work!

Brian Schindler

#110 10thumbs

10thumbs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts
  • Full Name:Mick Gray

Posted 17 January 2015 - 01:03 AM

Yep, this model is truly worth bringing out again.  Just amazing, and something I'll continue to admire for a long time.

Michael

#111 afx

afx

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts
  • Full Name:JC Reckner

Posted 17 January 2015 - 01:33 AM

Outstanding work Codi.

#112 Codi

Codi

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • Full Name:Tim Hoagland

Posted 17 January 2015 - 01:45 AM

Manny, Michael and JC, thank you for the compliments, I am truly flattered. We finish them and put them on the shelf and sort of forget them as we move onto the next build.   But when I recieved my copy of the magazine, of course I went out and bought some more.  Just for posterity right?  :)   Seriously, to have the build be received so positively by fellow builders means a lot to me.

Brian, wow. That is a heck of a background you have. And your assessment of my skills is greatly appreciated. I look forward to seeing some WIPs soon of yours and welcome back to the hobby.

Lastly, I'd like to thank Harry P. and MCM for his (their) assistance in putting together the article for the magazine.  He truly did justice to the car and build and was VERY generous in the coverage he provided for it.   Again, thank you.

Cheers, Tim

#113 Jurva

Jurva

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Full Name:Ville

Posted 17 January 2015 - 11:58 AM

Instant Best of Show where ever you take it. I had to triple check what was the scale here. Hard to believe that it is 1/25. Must have cost fortune, to buy all those little nuts.

#114 BDSchindler

BDSchindler

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Full Name:Brian Schindler

Posted 17 January 2015 - 12:44 PM

Manny, Michael and JC, thank you for the compliments, I am truly flattered. We finish them and put them on the shelf and sort of forget them as we move onto the next build.   But when I recieved my copy of the magazine, of course I went out and bought some more.  Just for posterity right?  :)   Seriously, to have the build be received so positively by fellow builders means a lot to me.

Brian, wow. That is a heck of a background you have. And your assessment of my skills is greatly appreciated. I look forward to seeing some WIPs soon of yours and welcome fback to the hobby.

Lastly, I'd like to thank Harry P. and MCM for his (their) assistance in putting together the article for the magazine.  He truly did justice to the car and build and was VERY generous in the coverage he provided for it.   Again, thank you.

Cheers, Tim

Funny, I never really thought much about Hot Rod in scale until I started reviewing Rick Hanmore's designs for the Danbury Mint.

It was these 2 cars that did it for me...

LDC

Kookies Kar

I am working on a Danbury 40 Ford Coupe.  I'll get some pics later

#115 1hobby1

1hobby1

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Full Name:Steve Avalade

Posted 18 January 2015 - 08:07 AM

jaw dropping work.

#116 Mr.Zombie

Mr.Zombie

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Full Name:Adam

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:57 AM

Breathtaking, though I'd prefer a more traditional hot rod in terms of looks, you know, straight axle blabla... But as a model it's the best civilian machine I've seen til now.

#117 DumpyDan

DumpyDan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts
  • Full Name:Dan Dankmeyer

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:18 AM

Ya what they all said and more,  tuff kit to look that good.  Beauty