Model Cars Magazine Forum

Good morning from The Sunshine State of Florida

cruzer

Good morning. Just a little about me, I'm an old goat of 72 that wanted to get back into a hobby I had as a young squirt. I spent 4 years in the Navy and have done just about everything from Millwright to operating 240 ton dump trucks and 28 yard bucket loaders on the Iron Range in Minnesota to computer repair, building and teaching in Florida. Now, I'm retired (retarded?) old man and wanted to get back into modeling. It's teaching me to have patience and for me, it's a very relaxing hobby. So far, I've built a 57 Nomad, 49 custom Mercury, 62 Chevy convertible and a Chevy pickup with plow. Now I want to get into the real custom builds. Just hoping this forum helps me do that. Thank you for accepting me as a member.

Bob "Polak" Cruze

Edited by cruzer

Hey there, Al;

I live in Crescent City. I've been here for a little over 14 years now. To make a short story long, I had a website dedicated to a plane crew from my ship, the USS Hornet CVS-12 in Vietnam. I created the site several years ago while I was in Minnesota. I had been divorced twice and have 3 children. This one time someone tried to sign the guestbook on the website, but it didn't work. There was a place to email me and she did, informing me of the book not working. I repaired it and advised her of this. She signed it and emailed me telling me she did. From there, it was more emailing, chatrooms, phone conversations, then she came to Minneapolis to visit a friend of hers. I lived 200 miles north of there and drove down to meet her at the airport. We were together for a week, then I came down here for 2 weeks. At that time we were got engaged and I went back up north, rented a 6 X 12 foot trailer with a lot of my "worldly" goods including a motorcycle, told my sons to move into my home which was all paid for then, headed back down here. My new brother-in-law and his wife gave us a 2 week all expenses paid honeymoon to England.

Now, as Paul Harvey would say, "that's the Rest of the Story.

Thanks to all of you for welcoming me to the forum. I have a question that I'm not sure if it goes here or not. What does the MCM Whatever mean???? It has me as a Looker. Believe me, if you saw me, you'd realize I am not a looker. Beer Belly and all......

Welcome to the forum Robert and WELCOME HOME BROTHER. I served with USMC in country 1969 - 70.

We have a pretty decent model car/truck club (FAST) that meets over in Ocala on the 1st Saturday of every month. We'll also have a contest on October 25, 2014 in conjunction with the Ocala Pumpkin Run. Then, some time in March, we'll host the model contest as part of the Billetproof show at the Garlit's museum.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all of you for welcoming me to the forum. I have a question that I'm not sure if it goes here or not. What does the MCM Whatever mean???? It has me as a Looker. Believe me, if you saw me, you'd realize I am not a looker. Beer Belly and all......

Welcome Bob..!

MCM whatever ...represents # of post... looker then friend ...after 250 it's avid poster then I think after 500 is Ohana which means family in Hawaii

Good to have new members with a sense of humor...!