Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revellogram 1/12 '67 Corvette - Is There A Small Block Hood Available?

Looking good... Guess I'll have to do the same thing to my hood... Not all Vette's came with a Big block!

Thanks, but it looks better in the photo than in reality. I'm not good at this.

I used the custom hood with the big hole in it. The stock 427 hood with the

stinger scoop I left untouched.

For someone who is proficient with this kind of stuff, it is actually quite

straightforward.

What I completely forgot in the process is that a small block hood covers

-you guessed it- a small block engine. But the kit only comes with the 427...

Thanks, but it looks better in the photo than in reality. I'm not good at this.

I used the custom hood with the big hole in it. The stock 427 hood with the

stinger scoop I left untouched.

For someone who is proficient with this kind of stuff, it is actually quite

straightforward.

What I completely forgot in the process is that a small block hood covers

-you guessed it- a small block engine. But the kit only comes with the 427...

Are you building a small block car?

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know much about this scale but I think there is a Camaro and a '57 Chevy in 1/12 as well with a small blocks. If so, that could be used as a starting point for your engine but it will of course need to be modified/adapted, depending on how factory correct you want it.

Plain old small block '67 in Marina blue: What a gorgeous car!!!!! Looking forward to see it!

Thanks,

Can't wait to see it.. I'm trying to do a small block roadster (in red) Got the top off and doing a lot of 'bondo' and sanding right now...

Well, between us two you certainly have the more ambitious project in the works. I'd love to see pictures of your project.

I don't know much about this scale but I think there is a Camaro and a '57 Chevy in 1/12 as well with a small blocks. If so, that could be used as a starting point for your engine but it will of course need to be modified/adapted, depending on how factory correct you want it.

Plain old small block '67 in Marina blue: What a gorgeous car!!!!! Looking forward to see it!

Thanks,

You are, of course, correct. I do have an example of each of the three kits. The '57 Chevy comes with the fuel injected engine, or a twin carb custom setup, so in either guise it is unsuitable for a stock '67 'Vette.

I could use the '69 Camaro engine, all I would have to scratchbuild are the plug wire ducts for the Corvette. But that would leave my Camaro either engineless, or I would have to install the Corvette 427 and paint it like a Yenko. The first of these two options doesn't appeal to me, the latter stretches my modelling abilities too far I'm afraid.

I believe Ertl has released a pack of three different Corvette engines in 1/12th scale not too long ago. Of what I understand, a regular mid to late sixties Smallblock is not included. What a shame that the most popular engine choice in real life turns out to be the most neglected one in model form.

I found a 1/12 scale small block Chevy, albeit with incorrect intake manifold, air filter and exhaust manifolds. But I might get it to work:

post-2389-1203118474_thumb.jpg

The small block from that kit looks ok. (I think that's a Chrysler transmisson hooked to it) I've got an extra one if you need it. Are you going to use the wheels and tires? If not, I'm interested...

The small block from that kit looks ok. (I think that's a Chrysler transmisson hooked to it) I've got an extra one if you need it. Are you going to use the wheels and tires? If not, I'm interested...

The transmission looks like a blob of plastic with a driveshaft sticking out the back to me. I'll use the M21 that comes in the Revellogram kit. Small block Corvettes should be shifted imho. What I need now are stock valve covers, a stock intake manifold and stock exhaust manifolds. I think, I have to butcher my Camaro after all. But since I found a set of Yenko decals (yes, in 1/12th!), an outright engine swap is not too unlikely. I also ordered detailing sets for both cars from MCG. Once everything is here, I'll start working on the 'Vette, it'll come together one way or the other.

Sorry, these rear wheels are spoken for. They come with nice deep dish Cragar SSes btw, so I can only recommend to stock up on the Shaker Trikes. They throw them at out for a tenner a toss on I pay at the moment, so there is no time to be wasted.