Model Cars Magazine Forum

Elmer's Clear School Glue

I also use it for a mask for attachment points such as locating pins to minimize handling painted parts.

Give me that again Bob? You use it like liquid mask? You mean you mask, shoot paint and then the attachment points are clean for gluing??

I assume you remove the mask by wetting?

You can also use white glue to make a great masking fluid. Thin it with water, add a little dishwashing liquid (not sure what this does but it seems to help--maybe with surface tension or something), and throw in a little food coloring for visibility if you want. Better than any masking liquid I've ever bought and you can make it for pennies.

That masking fluid idea is great-thanks guys. I hate to put adhesives on painted areas-crappy join.

Yes Harry, I've known that but in certain non-structure places like windows (or canopies) it will work. And as a temp adhesive for mock-up as stated it should be good. I used white Elmers on the GT for suspension height. On the Gullwing, I used it on the doors for holding them while painting. Get even color that way, then they pop off.

I may test to see how it does with fabrics...

Edited by Cato