5 replies to this topic

#1 gbritnell

gbritnell

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 04:08 AM

Gentlemen, here's another of my pencil works. I hope that the size isn't too big to display properly. I apparently have run out of room to post more pictures here, there must be a limit. If it comes out too big I'll resize my artwork before my next posting. This is posted from my Photobucket account. Anyway, it's of an Auburn Speedster. I took the picture at a car show and then went on line to find a picture of the aircraft that won the national air races that year. I made my composition using the car, the plane and an old style hanger from that era. The artwork is about 12x18 inches and is also done with colored pencil.
gbritnell
Posted Image

#2 lonewolf

lonewolf

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 04:37 AM

You are a very talented artist. It's hard to believe these pictures of yours are done with colored pencils. Beautiful work. Keep 'em comin'. :(

#3 mikelo

mikelo

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Lomaka

Posted 21 January 2008 - 08:56 AM

Looks great! Is that a scan or a photo? It looks a little dark. I can tell the detail is there, just hard to see.

#4 gbritnell

gbritnell

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 09:09 AM

Hi Mike, originally it was a photo but it's been moved around so much and I reposted it from my Photobucket account so it's hard to say about the contrast on it. I have the original hanging on my wall right in front of me and the detail is great so I should probably take it down and reshoot it with my new camera and shooting setup that I made.
gbritnell

#5 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,305 posts
  • Full Name:A mere layman...

Posted 23 January 2008 - 04:44 AM

Nothing that a little Photoshop magic can't cure...

Posted Image

Pardon me for "doctoring" your image...but it was a little dark. Now we can see it in all its glory!

#6 Jefbo

Jefbo

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 06:52 AM

George, you do some fine work. Thankyou Harry for restoring the image. How close is that to the origlnal hanging on the wall George?
Jefbo