514 replies to this topic

#61 OLDERGUY

OLDERGUY

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 01:24 PM

Gee guy is ther any thing you can't scratch build? The wires are outrageous, when where the 39 Chev's in yellow plastic , the 4 dr. is availble in resin, but I don't think you'll need to go that route. Here's another question, have you searched the net for pics of 39 Chev. converts, I have and haven't found one for reference pics[ all the angles], my son found one that I use as a screen saver, it black, brown interior, but there's a model standing in frt. of the side, darn. I know he found it on lowrider mags. site quite a few yrs. ago, It does have a club placard in it but since I can't see it now I'm not sure what club is represented, real bad recall. I have even searched the club site and still can't find any pics of it. I really like 39 Chevies, all of them. Also 46-8 Fleetlines. 2 & 4 drs.. Enough said will be look'in for progress on the 39's.

#62 rollinoldskoo

rollinoldskoo

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • Full Name:Gilbert Rodrigues

Posted 14 February 2008 - 01:44 PM

Gee guy is ther any thing you can't scratch build? The wires are outrageous, when where the 39 Chev's in yellow plastic , the 4 dr. is availble in resin, but I don't think you'll need to go that route. Here's another question, have you searched the net for pics of 39 Chev. converts, I have and haven't found one for reference pics[ all the angles], my son found one that I use as a screen saver, it black, brown interior, but there's a model standing in frt. of the side, darn. I know he found it on lowrider mags. site quite a few yrs. ago, It does have a club placard in it but since I can't see it now I'm not sure what club is represented, real bad recall. I have even searched the club site and still can't find any pics of it. I really like 39 Chevies, all of them. Also 46-8 Fleetlines. 2 & 4 drs.. Enough said will be look'in for progress on the 39's.

as far as i know there was no convertable offered in 39.... the one u saw is probably the same i've seen.... a one-off done by the Tovar family... Try searching that name and you might find it... they build a lot of classic "Bombs" and had a original 37 convertable they built up featured recently on the cover of Lowrider Magazine too....

#63 evilone

evilone

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 03:08 PM

NICE REAGLE BRO

#64 Clay

Clay

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,759 posts
  • Full Name:Clay Jones

Posted 14 February 2008 - 03:11 PM

Geez and I thought I was bad about starting another project before the other was done. How many you got going now?

#65 Darrell Gwinn

Darrell Gwinn

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Full Name:Darrell Gwinn

Posted 14 February 2008 - 03:16 PM

NICE REAGLE BRO

Wheres a reagle, or should i say regal? did i miss it?

#66 evilone

evilone

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 03:19 PM

###### MY BAD
NICE MONTY BRO

#67 Darrell Gwinn

Darrell Gwinn

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Full Name:Darrell Gwinn

Posted 14 February 2008 - 03:26 PM

###### MY BAD
NICE MONTY BRO

well if youre refering to his last project youre half correct, its a monte body but with a grand prix front and rear end, so that turns the whole thing into a grand prix. :)

#68 ajulia

ajulia

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Full Name:Adalberto "Tito" Julia

Posted 14 February 2008 - 06:42 PM

Hello there friend! Your arsenal is filled with alot of cars that has fond memories for me and from the looks of all the WIP's your way deep in the model cars realm' Keep on wit the keepin on!!! Your doing a awesome job there :lol: The modifications are badd a@#
peace
ajulia

#69 lowandphatg

lowandphatg

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 10:44 PM

all i can say at this time is WOW your vary talented builder glad to see you have fun with it ..... jack

#70 Spike

Spike

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 02:44 AM

NICE REAGLE BRO

###### MY BAD
NICE MONTY BRO

:lol: get to know your vehicles

#71 carrucha

carrucha

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  • Full Name:Hector Sanchez

Posted 15 February 2008 - 09:20 AM

The Tovar '39 Chevy convertable was the cover car in the May 2001 issue of Lowrider Magazine.
carrucha

#72 rollinoldskoo

rollinoldskoo

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 02:39 PM

Geez and I thought I was bad about starting another project before the other was done. How many you got going now?

you don't wanna know..... :lol:

Hello there friend! Your arsenal is filled with alot of cars that has fond memories for me and from the looks of all the WIP's your way deep in the model cars realm' Keep on wit the keepin on!!! Your doing a awesome job there :lol: The modifications are badd a@#
peace
ajulia

i've been heavy into it for more than 10 years..... got more projects than anything.... some are stalled wishing for chrome suspensions.... :lol:

#73 rollinoldskoo

rollinoldskoo

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 02:45 PM

painted another one..... :lol:

Posted Image

filled the front marker lights....

Posted Image

shaved off the spoiler...

Posted Image

Luxury Sport front and rear clip needs a bit more work done....

Posted Image
Posted Image

cut the moonroof too :lol:

#74 rollinoldskoo

rollinoldskoo

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 09:46 PM

a buddy of mine on the LayitLow forums gave me this tip..... ;) 70 impala front bench..... fits PERFECT after removing the center console.... even the seat patterns match well...

Posted Image
Posted Image

went for the patterned top but today wasn't my best.... :rolleyes: i kinda rushed thru so a couple bad spots on the red and the green has even more issues... heres a few mockup pics...

Posted Image
Posted Image

here u can see how the green messed up.... :(

Posted Image

a MS Paint drawing of how i wanna finish it up.... ;)

Posted Image

B)

#75 rollinoldskoo

rollinoldskoo

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 01:56 PM

opened this 63 sometime last summer.... then i started workin on something else.... :rolleyes: :lol: well i pulled it back out a couple days ago and finished the hinges... needs the jambs now..... B)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

:D

#76 Joe Handley

Joe Handley

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,070 posts
  • Full Name:Billy Joe

Posted 16 February 2008 - 05:11 PM

Incredible builds man, and that's a brilliant discovery on the Duplicolor sidewall touchup paint!

#77 rollinoldskoo

rollinoldskoo

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 09:36 PM

to answer the question earlier..... the 39s were in yellow plastic when revell first started doin those packs with paint and stuff in the late 90s.... just before they did the lowrider versions...

did some work to the grand prix today....

opened up the trunk and added a lisence plate spot....

Posted Image
Posted Image

started grafting in those rear sections.....

Posted Image

more touchups to the front also....

Posted Image
Posted Image

more pics to come.....

#78 rollinoldskoo

rollinoldskoo

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 09:46 PM

here's the trunk...

Posted Image
Posted Image

#79 rollinoldskoo

rollinoldskoo

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 08:34 PM

here's an update on that LS...

i just sanded the roof down and re-painted it......

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

ready for the rooftop patterns again......

#80 rollinoldskoo

rollinoldskoo

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 08:35 PM

shot more primer on my grand prix today also..... needs a lot more work still...

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image