I just wanted to share a little experiment...... I named it the Stinger ....I did not post any of the build up pictures of this model because I was not sure I would be able to pull it off.
I wanted to experiment with radically modifying an existing car body. So I started with a 1964 Corvette computer model and I started mashing and squashing it in the computer. I tapered both the front and rear ends and then I put a 3 inch chop in the top.
Then I designed the front and rear wheel brake scoops to give me a nice finished look on the inside part of the wheel. Then I integrated the suspension points into scoops too.
For paint I decided I wanted some wild orange color so I went to Walmart and bought some wild fingernail polish and used it. I have never shot fingernail polish before and I had to do a lot of trial and error. I wound up stripping the car twice before I got something I liked.
To do the glass I just stuck some tape onto the windows and traced out the outline of the window. Then I stuck the tape on some blank decal paper I had painted black. I cut out the decals and stuck them in place.
All the steps I outlined above was brand new to me.....like I said....a little experiment.
Below you will find some pics. Sure would like to hear what you think about the little "Stinger"
These are some pictures of the raw parts.
The little "bumps" you see in the suspension areas are heavy guides that provide proper alignment for the suspension arms and drive shafts.
The angle of these guides line up exactly with the angle of the holes in the wheel covers. So when you get all the suspension members stuck in place the wheel cover is almost perfectly alighed to where it should be.
DaytonaTimMember Since 06 Jun 2007
Offline Last Active Oct 13 2013 10:14 AM
- Group Members
- Active Posts 125
- Profile Views 2,885
- Member Title MCM Friend
- Age Age Unknown
- Birthday Birthday Unknown
Morgantown, West Virginia